Oliver! Set to close at the Drury Lane on 8th January 2011
Opening in time for Christmas 2008 with advance ticket sales of £15 million, it's fair to say that Cameron Mackintosh's Oliver! and the whole BBC TV search for Oliver and Nancy proved to be quite a success.
Like all good things, though, and end must come, and for Oliver!, the end is now in sight: Saturday 8th January 2011 will be the last performance for the show, which has featured Rowan Atkinson, Omid Djalili, Griff Rhys Jones amongst others starring as the wretched Fagin, with Laurence Jeffcoate, Harry Stott and Gwion Wyn Jones winning the role of Oliver and Jodie Prengerplaying the part of Nancy.
Late last month, marking the 50th anniversary of the stage show, Ron Moody, who first appeared in the West End show in 1960 as Fagin, the 1968 film (for which he won a Golden globe as well as being nominated for an Oscar) as well as playing the role on Broadway in 1984, reprised the role for a special one-off anniversary show.
Tickets range from £17.50 for balcony tickets, to £62.50 for stalls or Grand Circle tickets, available now.
Expected to be replacing Oliver! at the Drury Lane will be the stage adaptation of Shrek, as it moves from Broadway. It will be interesting to see whether the stage version proves as engaging to kids and adults alike as the films have.
You may be interested in
- Wed 25th Jul 2018 to Sun 5th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe King's Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Shrek the MusicalBord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe Mayflower (Southampton)Buy Tickets