Join the Familial - Radiohead's Phil Selway announces September 2010 dates in support of new album
While the rumours about whether Radiohead will get around to releasing an album this year (yawn, yawn - just let 'em get on with it, huh?), drummer Phil Selway has been a busy little bee by knocking up a new debut album AND getting a few festival bookings sorted out, as well as the odd lone-headliner and a support slot on a couple of Wilco dates.
So, where to begin? Well, Mr Selway has signed up to Bella Union, which is a pretty good start, and got himself on the Wilco tour-bus for their sold-out gig at the Royal Festival Hall (14th Sep) and the following dates in Newcastle and Glasgow (still available). The link between the two acts? Well, that's where his new album "Familial" comes in - two members of Wilco perform on it, probably having first met while playing in Neil Finn's charity 'supergroup' 7 Worlds Collide a few years back.
Still with me? Excellent - read on.....
The album will be unleashed on 30th August and features ten songs that are, according to the RFH website, "a sublime collection of haunting, intimate songs". To prove it you can have a preview of the lead-off track "By Some Miracle" [check the embedded SoundCloud, above - Ed] - there is an option to download a sharper copy from his website by completing a simple email registration form. The album features appearances by Glenn Kotche and Pat Sansome from Wilco, US singer Lisa Germano and Soul Coughing's Seb Steinberg.
Which leaves his own headline dates. Or should I say 'date'? Apart from Festival appearances at Electric Picnic, End Of The Road and Bestival, he will play a sole London date at Shepherd's Bush venue Bush Hall on 13th September - tickets are on sale now priced at £11 plus fees. It isn't a huge venue so I would be quick for these if I were you.
You may be interested in
- Mon 14th Jan 2019 to Wed 23rd Jan 2019 Neil Finn, Liam FinnBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Mon 4th Feb 2019 Clem Burke, Bootleg Blondie: Parallel LinesBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 Adam FicekLevel 3 (formerly the Furnace) (Swindon)Buy Tickets
- Thu 24th Jan 2019 to Fri 1st Feb 2019 Clem BurkeBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th Jan 2019 and Tue 29th Jan 2019 Carl PalmerBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Kenney Jones229 the venue - Great Portland Street (Marylebone)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 SambrosoThe HiFi Club (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 to Sun 31st Mar 2019 Yamato DrummersBuy Tickets
- Thu 21st Feb 2019 Start To EndThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Mar 2019 to Tue 26th Mar 2019 KT TunstallBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Mar 2019 Mugenkyo Taiko DrummersThe Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Mar 2019 to Sat 30th Mar 2019 Stewart Copeland: Lights Up The OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Mon 29th Apr 2019 to Sat 4th May 2019 Saucerful of Secrets: Nick MasonBuy Tickets
- Sat 4th May 2019 Chris SladeThe Cutlers Arms (Rotherham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th May 2019 and Fri 28th Jun 2019 John Coghlan's Quo, John CoghlanBuy Tickets
- Sun 12th May 2019 Chilly GonzalesBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Jun 2019 to Tue 18th Jun 2019 Fleetwood MacBuy Tickets
- Mon 17th Jun 2019 Bryan FerryRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2019 John CoghlanRobin (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets