Dorset's new Classical Serenata Festival to feature Russell Watson, Katherine Jenkins, Faryl Smith and more
Now why should rock and dance-music fans have all the fun of seeing top acts, whilst having the freedom to nip back to their tents for a snooze and schmooze? If you happen to be a classical fan, chances are the word 'festival' conjures up images of debauchery and debacle (and rubbish toilets). You'd be right in some cases but not so in the case of Serenata, a new classical festival due to be held in the Purbeck Hills near the Dorset coast.
Set to run from 26th to 28th August, this event has been designed to bring together top names from the world of classical, encompassing family camping, boutique tents, good food, champagne bars and top-notch facilities. There is the choice of standard or 'hospitality' tickets, including day and weekend admission with camping included.
Thursday (£59 / £301) will feature performances from clarinet virtuoso Emma Johnson, tenor and Amici-member Geoff Sewell, young Britain's Got Talent finalist Faryl Smith and 'classical Fab Four' Blake, Friday (£69 / £301) stars International singing sensation Katherine Jenkins and Young Classical BRIT winner and violinist, Ruth Palmer and Saturday (£69 / £301) brings you the famous tenor Russell Watson and piano-sensation Benjamin Grosvenor. There are many more acts from the Royal Academy of Music to be confirmed soon.
Apart from day tickets, you can also purchase 3-day tickets, allowing you to camp onsite and indulge in the facilities on offer (dependent on ticket of course) - these cost £160.50 (standard)/ £805 (VIP), the most expensive allowing you access to exclusive bars, dinner clubs, camping and other luxuries.
You may be interested in
- Thu 3rd May 2018 Russell WatsonSt Mary's Church - Rye (Sussex)More Info..
- Sat 5th May 2018 Faryl SmithWakefield Cathedral (Wakefield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th May 2018 BlakeWhitby Pavilion Theatre (Whitby)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Birmingham Classical, Benjamin Grosvenor: BrahmsBirmingham Town Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Last Night of the Kenwood Proms: Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Katherine Jenkins, Royal Phil...Kenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 A Boundless Summer, Katherine Jenkins, National Symphony Orc...Borde Hill Gardens (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Outside Live: Katherine JenkinsSennowe Park (Norfolk)Buy Tickets
- Thu 9th Aug 2018 Russell WatsonGawsworth Hall (Macclesfield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 BlakeWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 BlakePavilion Theatre (Exmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 BlakeRegal Cinema (Redruth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Russell WatsonKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 Russell WatsonBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Russell WatsonSpa Theatre and Ocean Room (Scarborough)Buy Tickets