Fat Friday - 18th June 2010 starring: Them Crooked Vultures, Ozzfest 2010, Linkin Park, Pendulum, Snoop Dogg and more
What started as a far from classic week of new tickets is ending with an explosive rock-flavoured bang, aided and abetted by one or two huge names throwing their studded leather hats into the ring. All tickets on sale Friday at 9AM unless otherwise specified. So with a long hard blast of the Allgigs vuvuzela, we're off!
Tickets go on sale Friday at 9AM unless otherwise specified. All prices + booking fees. For ticket availability, click on the images, below, or scroll down for the full event listing.
The behemoth of rock and bat-cuisine returns with his celebrated and revered festival, Ozzfest. The UK finally sees the Osbourne-meister back in Blighty with ONE date at the O2 Arena on 18th September. With Korn and Murderdolls in support and with several 'horror-circus' attractions in place around the O2 itself, this will be a day to remember, before the whole darned thing heads off back to the States. His warm-ups have sold-out, this will too so be ready at 9am. Tickets are £40.
30 Seconds to Mars were last weekend rocking an adoring Download crowd at Donnington, and last toured the UK all of four months ago. Jared and the boys seem to like us, blessing the UK with another arena tour for November and December, ably assisted by Enter Shikari, who'll provide the support. The tour takes in Brighton, London, Birmingham, Aberdeen and Manchester (no Ireland date this time), with tickets costing £22 for all but the London O2 Arena date, which will cost £23.50.
Them Crooked Vultures
The supergroup to rival all supergroups has announced a special one-off gig at the Brixton Academy in July. Monday 5th sees Grohl, Homme and Jones attempt to raise money for their close friend Brian O'Connor, bassist with the band Eagles Of Death Metal, recently diagnosed with cancer and devoid of any insurance policy to pay for treatment. Tickets are £32.50 and demand will be high - have patience and keep trying. Oh and a message to greedy touts looking to exploit this on eBay: let's leave this one eh? Buy it, turn up, rock out and raise funds.
Continuing with metal and rock, Chester Bennington and co are back for a trio of tremendous dates in November. With their 4th album fast-approaching and a devoted fan-base, Linkin Park have plenty to offer with three massive albums under their belt, plus Bennington's solo Dead By Sunrise project out of his system. Tickets are £44.50. LP's Mike Shinoda posted a cryptic message on his website this week that when opened, a load of white dots flashed about and not very much happened. This seemed to incite almost hysterics amongst fans on the website forum ranging from "Um", via "Uh" to "Awesome". I suspect their live shows in Manchester (4th Nov), Birmingham (9th) and London (10th) might be more exciting.
The Reading and Leeds Festivals are bulked out with some of the biggest names in rock and roll, none more so than Australia's rock n bass sextet, Pendulum. Probably likely to perform better than the Socceroos, the boys showed their skills at the Radio 1 Big Weekend recently, as well as Wembley Arena, attracting a crowd of punters from France, Slovakia and all over the country. Bearing that in mind, their festival warm-up date in Cambridge on 26th August looks like selling out within the time it takes to say, £22.50. Which happens to be the price to get in, by the way. NB - Tickets go on sale at 10am.
Not quite chasing the stadiums but still fast being elevated to 'must-see' status is The Drums. Their recent debut album release soared into the Top 20 without a huge amount of radio-play, it has to be said, so fair-play. 80s retro can either go horribly wrong or perfectly right and at least The Drums have cited some decent bands as influences. The album "The Drums" lives up to the hype and ticket sales for their winter tour (from 24th Nov to 6th Dec) might do as well - get in quick for 9am because tickets are not expensive, just £11.50 approx.
2010 could be the 'Year of the Dogg' with the amount of high-profile gigs he has planned. Allegedly unwanted in the UK from as far back as 2007, he appears to have won his battle to return to British soil by announcing a two more British concerts in Glasgow and London. Already playing Wireless on the 3rd July and two Irish dates, he will bring a piece of "Doggyworld" to Glasgow (£33.50) on the 4th and Shepherd's Bush (£45) on the 9th.
"Symphonicity" might just get an entry into the Oxford Dictionary by the time Sting has finished using it for his upcoming October tour. Two more dates will become available on Friday starting with Manchester (4th) and Edinburgh (9th). As with his other dates at the Royal Albert Hall, Gateshead and Dublin, tickets are not cheap (£58.75 upwards), but this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see one of Britain's most-gifted songwriters perform with a full concert orchestra.
Yeah, we like Frank, there's something straightforward and refreshing about his live performances, plus his recent "Poetry Of The Deed" album was a slow-burning little grower of angsty-acoustic strum-rockers that deserved a wider audience. He might just get that audience at the Reading and Leeds Festival (and the sold-out 2000 Trees shindig as well) which will surely put emphasis on his December shows, up for grabs on Friday. Some of the dates are on sale now but Preston (3rd), Southampton (7th) and Leicester (10th) go on sale tomorrow at 9am. He's bound to have some new songs to peddle as well, the cheeky blighter.
After treading the boards in Hammersmith's Riverside with Sadie Frost, the Libertines and Dirty Pretty Things writer and musician is heading out for a few post-festival come-down solo gigs in October. The Libertines are playing Leeds and Reading as a full group once again, but Barât obviously has some songs to tease you with and will play Wolverhampton (25th), Bristol (26th) and London's Scala (27th). In addition, the Cambridge gig on the 16th is on sale priced at £12.50 plus fees.
- Sun 19th May 2019 Sting, ShaggyRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd May 2019 Sting, ShaggyO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 Sting, ShaggyO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Sting, ShaggyO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Camden Rocks, Ash, Rat Boy, Carl Barât, Raging Speedho...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Metronomy, The Vaccines, Frank Turner, Friendly Fires, Sleaf...Drumlanrig Castle (Dumfries and Galloway)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 Wasteland Festival, Frank TurnerSpillers Wharf (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 Folk by the Oak, Frank Turner, The Staves, Karine Polwart, J...Hatfield House (Hatfield)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 and Sun 21st Apr 2019 Love from Stourbridge 2019: Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Pop Will Eat Itself, Miles HuntBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 4th May 2019 Richard AshcroftBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Headsticks, Interrobang, Steve IgnorantThe Maze - Forest Tavern (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Only ShadowsBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Massive WagonsManchester Academy (Manchester)More Info..
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Thu 2nd May 2019 The Specials: 40th anniversaryBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 Mike TrampBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Mott the Hoople, Tax the Heat: '74Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 The RiflesThe Mash House (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Mon 22nd Apr 2019 Dream StateBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Mon 29th Apr 2019 Papa Roach, Nothing More: Who Do You Trust?Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Fri 3rd May 2019 Sleaford ModsBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Circa WavesBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 RepublicaEsquires (Bedford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 The Men They Couldn't HangNells Jazz and Blues (Kensington and Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 The Ukrainians, The Wedding PresentBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 PuppyBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 This Feeling, Hands Off GretelBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Kap BambinoHoxton Square Bar and Kitchen (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Tracyanne and DannyOld Cinema Launderette (Durham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Bladerunner, Doc Scott, Jumpin Jack Frost, MC Bassman, Dynam...Studio 338 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Fri 3rd May 2019 Alabama 3Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Thu 2nd May 2019 IdlewildBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 BLOXXGullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Samantha Crain, Withered HandThe Cluny 2 (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 DAWNThink Tank [Digital] (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Such Gold, Camden Rocks Club NightThe Monarch (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Chay SnowdonThe Junction (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 and Thu 25th Apr 2019 Broken HandsBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 to Sat 4th May 2019 Midge Ure: Vienna + Visage 1980Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 VicFest: Brightlight CityThe Victoria [The Vic] (Swindon)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Bon Jovi Forever [UK], Whitesnake UK, Hysteria [play], Dress...Tivoli Nightclub - Buckley (Flintshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For NothingThe Cluny 2 (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Wales Goes Pop!, Tracyanne and Danny, Estrons, Go Kart Mozar...The Gate - Roath (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 DJ Jazzy JeffWylam Brewery at Palace of Arts (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 DJ SkepsisPhonox (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 to Sun 28th Apr 2019 Indian QueensBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Dub Pistols, Ragga Twins, Freestylers, A.Skillz, Kiko BunJamm (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Brockie, Kenny Ken, Micky Finn [DJ], Uncle Dugs, Nicky Black...Ministry of Sound (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 to Tue 30th Apr 2019 Adrian Younge, Ali Shaheed MuhammadBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Thu 2nd May 2019 Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 RestorationsBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 TelemanBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Mon 29th Apr 2019 Adrian YoungeBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Sun 28th Apr 2019 The CreepshowBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 to Fri 3rd May 2019 UB40: For The ManyBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 to Sat 4th May 2019 Hollywood UndeadBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 and Fri 26th Apr 2019 Tom WalkerBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 John McLaughlinBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 JAWSBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 Mark LettieriBuy Tickets