Fat Friday - 18th June 2010 starring: Them Crooked Vultures, Ozzfest 2010, Linkin Park, Pendulum, Snoop Dogg and more
What started as a far from classic week of new tickets is ending with an explosive rock-flavoured bang, aided and abetted by one or two huge names throwing their studded leather hats into the ring. All tickets on sale Friday at 9AM unless otherwise specified. So with a long hard blast of the Allgigs vuvuzela, we're off!
Tickets go on sale Friday at 9AM unless otherwise specified. All prices + booking fees. For ticket availability, click on the images, below, or scroll down for the full event listing.
The behemoth of rock and bat-cuisine returns with his celebrated and revered festival, Ozzfest. The UK finally sees the Osbourne-meister back in Blighty with ONE date at the O2 Arena on 18th September. With Korn and Murderdolls in support and with several 'horror-circus' attractions in place around the O2 itself, this will be a day to remember, before the whole darned thing heads off back to the States. His warm-ups have sold-out, this will too so be ready at 9am. Tickets are £40.
30 Seconds to Mars were last weekend rocking an adoring Download crowd at Donnington, and last toured the UK all of four months ago. Jared and the boys seem to like us, blessing the UK with another arena tour for November and December, ably assisted by Enter Shikari, who'll provide the support. The tour takes in Brighton, London, Birmingham, Aberdeen and Manchester (no Ireland date this time), with tickets costing £22 for all but the London O2 Arena date, which will cost £23.50.
Them Crooked Vultures
The supergroup to rival all supergroups has announced a special one-off gig at the Brixton Academy in July. Monday 5th sees Grohl, Homme and Jones attempt to raise money for their close friend Brian O'Connor, bassist with the band Eagles Of Death Metal, recently diagnosed with cancer and devoid of any insurance policy to pay for treatment. Tickets are £32.50 and demand will be high - have patience and keep trying. Oh and a message to greedy touts looking to exploit this on eBay: let's leave this one eh? Buy it, turn up, rock out and raise funds.
Continuing with metal and rock, Chester Bennington and co are back for a trio of tremendous dates in November. With their 4th album fast-approaching and a devoted fan-base, Linkin Park have plenty to offer with three massive albums under their belt, plus Bennington's solo Dead By Sunrise project out of his system. Tickets are £44.50. LP's Mike Shinoda posted a cryptic message on his website this week that when opened, a load of white dots flashed about and not very much happened. This seemed to incite almost hysterics amongst fans on the website forum ranging from "Um", via "Uh" to "Awesome". I suspect their live shows in Manchester (4th Nov), Birmingham (9th) and London (10th) might be more exciting.
The Reading and Leeds Festivals are bulked out with some of the biggest names in rock and roll, none more so than Australia's rock n bass sextet, Pendulum. Probably likely to perform better than the Socceroos, the boys showed their skills at the Radio 1 Big Weekend recently, as well as Wembley Arena, attracting a crowd of punters from France, Slovakia and all over the country. Bearing that in mind, their festival warm-up date in Cambridge on 26th August looks like selling out within the time it takes to say, £22.50. Which happens to be the price to get in, by the way. NB - Tickets go on sale at 10am.
Not quite chasing the stadiums but still fast being elevated to 'must-see' status is The Drums. Their recent debut album release soared into the Top 20 without a huge amount of radio-play, it has to be said, so fair-play. 80s retro can either go horribly wrong or perfectly right and at least The Drums have cited some decent bands as influences. The album "The Drums" lives up to the hype and ticket sales for their winter tour (from 24th Nov to 6th Dec) might do as well - get in quick for 9am because tickets are not expensive, just £11.50 approx.
2010 could be the 'Year of the Dogg' with the amount of high-profile gigs he has planned. Allegedly unwanted in the UK from as far back as 2007, he appears to have won his battle to return to British soil by announcing a two more British concerts in Glasgow and London. Already playing Wireless on the 3rd July and two Irish dates, he will bring a piece of "Doggyworld" to Glasgow (£33.50) on the 4th and Shepherd's Bush (£45) on the 9th.
"Symphonicity" might just get an entry into the Oxford Dictionary by the time Sting has finished using it for his upcoming October tour. Two more dates will become available on Friday starting with Manchester (4th) and Edinburgh (9th). As with his other dates at the Royal Albert Hall, Gateshead and Dublin, tickets are not cheap (£58.75 upwards), but this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see one of Britain's most-gifted songwriters perform with a full concert orchestra.
Yeah, we like Frank, there's something straightforward and refreshing about his live performances, plus his recent "Poetry Of The Deed" album was a slow-burning little grower of angsty-acoustic strum-rockers that deserved a wider audience. He might just get that audience at the Reading and Leeds Festival (and the sold-out 2000 Trees shindig as well) which will surely put emphasis on his December shows, up for grabs on Friday. Some of the dates are on sale now but Preston (3rd), Southampton (7th) and Leicester (10th) go on sale tomorrow at 9am. He's bound to have some new songs to peddle as well, the cheeky blighter.
After treading the boards in Hammersmith's Riverside with Sadie Frost, the Libertines and Dirty Pretty Things writer and musician is heading out for a few post-festival come-down solo gigs in October. The Libertines are playing Leeds and Reading as a full group once again, but Barât obviously has some songs to tease you with and will play Wolverhampton (25th), Bristol (26th) and London's Scala (27th). In addition, the Cambridge gig on the 16th is on sale priced at £12.50 plus fees.
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 Thirty Seconds to MarsAltice Arena (Lisbon)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindArena Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Jan 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindVictoria Warehouse (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th Jan 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindVictoria Warehouse (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th Jan 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Jan 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindBournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Feb 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 and Thu 23rd Aug 2018 KasabianBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 to Wed 22nd Aug 2018 BrockhamptonBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 The WildheartsConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 to Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Dirty ProjectorsBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 and Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Courtney Marie AndrewsBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 and Tue 21st Aug 2018 Phoebe BridgersBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 to Tue 28th Aug 2018 BBC Proms: Prom 61: Yannick Nezet-seguin & Rotterdam PhilharmonicBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 and Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Billy TalentBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 and Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Wye OakBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 Rolling Blackouts Coastal FeverWhelan's (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 and Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Jake ShearsBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 CreeperDryden Street Social (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Skid Row, ToselandDublin Academy [1/2/ Green Room] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Ali Campbell, Aswad, Live From Times SquareTimes Square (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 and Thu 23rd Aug 2018 The Joy FormidableBuy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Creeper, Doll Skin, Miss VincentThe Sugarmill (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 and Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Glasgow Summer Sessions: Kings Of Leon, The WombatsBellahouston Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 The Fever 333O2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 We Are ScientistsBuy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Don BrocoThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Creamfields, Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano, DJ S.K.TDaresbury Estate (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Leeds FestivalBramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Reading FestivalLittle John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Kodaline, Lewis CapaldiCustom House Square (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Man With a MissionThe Cathouse (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Ibiza Rocks, Rudimental: Rudimental & FriendsIbiza Rocks Hotel (San Antonio)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 to Wed 29th Aug 2018 Gomez: Bring It OnBuy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 and Fri 24th Aug 2018 Paul WellerBuy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Dinosaur Pile-upThe Parish (Huddersfield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 to Thu 30th Aug 2018 Eliza and the BearBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Leeds Festival, Kings Of Leon, The Courteeners, Skepta, The ...Bramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Reading Festival, Fall Out Boy, Post Malone, Wolf Alice, Not...Little John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Victorious Festival, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed Sev...Southsea Seafront (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Creamfields, Carl Cox, Armin van Buuren, The Chainsmokers, S...Daresbury Estate (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 and Sat 25th Aug 2018 Mary BlackBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 and Sat 25th Aug 2018 Boyz II MenBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 The Blow MonkeysThe Duke of Cumberland (Whitstable)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Endeavour Festival: Rita Ora, Louisa Johnson, M.O, Kara Marni, Hannah Jane LewisStewart Park (Middlesbrough)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 and Sat 25th Aug 2018 The RiflesBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Band of Holy JoyLe Pub (Newport)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Trevor Nelson, Dru HillO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 SkindredChinnerys (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Leeds Festival, Fall Out Boy, Post Malone, Wolf Alice, Nothi...Bramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Reading Festival, Kendrick Lamar, Panic! At The Disco, Dua L...Little John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sun 26th Aug 2018 Victorious FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Creamfields, Above & Beyond, Steve Angello, Axwell, Seba...Daresbury Estate (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Simple Minds, The Pretenders, KT Tunstall: Grandslam TourBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Moovin Festival, Goldie, Shy FX, Coldcut - DJ Set, Micky Fin...Whitebottom Farm (Stockport)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Eyre LlewNottingham Contemporary (Nottingham)Buy Tickets