Legendary Shack Shakers to bring the house down in July 2010 UK with cow-punk classics
Posted: 16th June 2010
Coming on like a cross between Gogol Bordello, The Briggs and Mano Negra are punk-blues-polka rockers Legendary Shack Shakers from Nashville. Formed in the 90s, this aggressive and imaginative ensemble centres around hoarse-tonsilled lead singer JD Wilkes and his onstage antics and fevered performances. Mind you, the rest of them sound like they can cut it too, with an amalgam of blues, garage, polka, tango, roots, you name it they can play it. Have a listen to their tunes on My Space (www.myspace.com/legendaryshackshakers) to see what I mean.
The quartet embark on a handful of dates next month, starting with Glasgow's King Tut's on the 12th July and continuing with Sheffield (13th), Newcastle (15th), London (17th) and finally Brighton on the 19th. Tickets are on sale now, priced around £15. I reckon you'll get a good night out of these boys.
Their recent album "AgriDustrial" is actually their sixth set since 1998's "Hunkerdown" and shows the band in a rather more vitriolic mood with songs such as "Sin Eater", "Dixie Iron Fist" and "Hammer and Tongs", the latter being a decent indication of what this band probably does on stage.
- Tue 30th Jun 2020 Legendary Shack Shakers The Night and Day Cafe (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st Jul 2020 Legendary Shack Shakers Audio (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd Jul 2020 Legendary Shack Shakers Cluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Sun 5th Jul 2020 Legendary Shack Shakers Thekla (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Mon 6th Jul 2020 Legendary Shack Shakers 100 Club (Westminster) Buy Tickets