Legendary Shack Shakers to bring the house down in July 2010 UK with cow-punk classics
Coming on like a cross between Gogol Bordello, The Briggs and Mano Negra are punk-blues-polka rockers Legendary Shack Shakers from Nashville. Formed in the 90s, this aggressive and imaginative ensemble centres around hoarse-tonsilled lead singer JD Wilkes and his onstage antics and fevered performances. Mind you, the rest of them sound like they can cut it too, with an amalgam of blues, garage, polka, tango, roots, you name it they can play it. Have a listen to their tunes on My Space (www.myspace.com/legendaryshackshakers) to see what I mean.
The quartet embark on a handful of dates next month, starting with Glasgow's King Tut's on the 12th July and continuing with Sheffield (13th), Newcastle (15th), London (17th) and finally Brighton on the 19th. Tickets are on sale now, priced around £15. I reckon you'll get a good night out of these boys.
Their recent album "AgriDustrial" is actually their sixth set since 1998's "Hunkerdown" and shows the band in a rather more vitriolic mood with songs such as "Sin Eater", "Dixie Iron Fist" and "Hammer and Tongs", the latter being a decent indication of what this band probably does on stage.
You may be interested in
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 to Thu 29th Mar 2018 Guana BatzBuy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 to Mon 16th Apr 2018 The MeteorsBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 and Sat 14th Apr 2018 The PeacocksBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 and Fri 8th Jun 2018 King KurtBuy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 The SkidsBuy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 VolbeatO2 ABC (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 The Skids, From the Jam, Bruce FoxtonKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Jul 2018 Reverend Horton HeatO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets