The Dwarves are far from being as pure as Snow White - US sleazecore grungers return to the UK, August 2010
Chicago's potty-mouthed garage-punk outfit, The Dwarves are probably not the first band you would consider as guest-presenters on, say, Songs of Praise. Nor would you bet on them behaving themselves at a village fete. As for trusting them behind the wheels of public transport, are you kidding?
This mid-1980s bunch of reprobates has got previous - for a start their album sleeves are a tad risky, usually involving lots of blood and tits. Especially tits.
A few song-titles are also a teeny-bit cheeky, ranging from "Let's F***", "F*** You Up And Get High" and "Who's F***ing Who", through to the carnal delights of "Back Seat of My Car", "Pimp" and "Insect Whore". Add in a melange of break-neck punk, hardcore, garage, self-mutilation, drugs and sex on stage and you wonder why your mum won't let you go to their gigs. It's OK, just tell her that their first album was called "Blood Guts and Pussy", she's bound to say 'yes'.
"The Dwarves Are Born Again" is the title of their new album and, lo and behold, the legendary quintet are playing a few UK dates to support it and whilst their truly outrageous days are behind them (sort-of), Blag Dahlia and co (including the allegedly, but not really, murdered guitarist HeWhoCannotBeNamed) bring a certain level of noisy mayhem to Sheffield on the 7th August, followed by Manchester (9th), Glasgow (10th) and Newcastle (11th) - keepin' it Northern! Tickets cost £8 plus fees.
- Wed 7th Aug 2019 The DwarvesVoodoo (Belfast)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Mon 1st Apr 2019 Frankie CosmosEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Apr 2019 and Tue 2nd Apr 2019 Le ButcherettesBuy Tickets
- Thu 11th Apr 2019 to Sun 14th Apr 2019 Nick OliveriBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 Weyes BloodBuy Tickets
- Wed 24th Apr 2019 to Wed 1st May 2019 The CoathangersBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Undercover FestivalBoston Arms/ The Dome - Tufnell Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 and Sat 4th May 2019 Cocaine PissBuy Tickets
- Mon 6th May 2019 to Mon 27th May 2019 Mini MansionsBuy Tickets
- Thu 9th May 2019 to Sun 19th May 2019 J MascisBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Kikagaku Moyo, Wooden Shjips, WandElectric (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 All Points East, Christine and the Queens, Metronomy, Maribo...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th May 2019 to Fri 31st May 2019 Still CornersBuy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 to Sat 7th Dec 2019 The SkidsBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Wooden ShjipsThe Haunt (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Jun 2019 Yawning Man, Alain JohannesUnderworld (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Jun 2019 and Thu 13th Jun 2019 Eagles of Death MetalBuy Tickets
- Tue 25th Jun 2019 to Fri 28th Jun 2019 METZOn SaleFri 22nd Marat 10am
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 The Skids, Big Country, The RezillosKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Jul 2019 to Fri 5th Jul 2019 L.A. WitchBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 King Khan and the ShrinesOslo (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, The Hives, The Fratellis, The...Audley End (Saffron Walden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Aug 2019 Summer Sessions, The Cure, Mogwai, The Twilight Sad, The Joy...Bellahouston Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 2nd Oct 2019 to Fri 4th Oct 2019 The Album Leaf: In a Safe PlaceBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th Oct 2019 Jesca HoopBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Mon 18th Nov 2019 to Sun 24th Nov 2019 Calexico, Iron & WineOn SaleFri 22nd Marat 10am