Close to the edge - Edinburgh's fringe companion The Edge Festival 2010 line-up announced
Running alongside the Edinburgh Festival is The Edge Festival, dedicated solely to music from most genres but predominantly pop and indie, some big names, some not so big, but no less interesting. Dizzee Rascal, Plan B and Doves suit you for starters?
The festival, featuring several venues across the Scottish capital starts on Thursday 5th August with a Performance by Stornoway at the city's Liquid Rooms. The Oxford-band are fast becoming a must-see, prompted by the rather moreish album "Beachcomber's Windowsill", released last month. The festival then continues until Tuesday 31st August, with plenty to look forward to, with some of the highlights below:
Staying with the Liquid Rooms venue, further gigs include The Divine Comedy (6th - £20.25), Feeder (17th - £22.75), Steve Mason (18th - £9.70), Professor Green (20th - £11.70), We Were Promised Jetpacks (21st - £11.70), Eli 'Paperboy' Reed (23rd - £14.75), Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip (24th - £17.25) and the marvellous Broken Records (28th - £11.70).
Other main attractions include the HMV Picture House performances of Doves (6th - £21.25), Tinchy Stryder (13th - £17.75), Plan B (20th - £17.75), Eels (25th - £22.75) and Phoenix (28th - £20.25) - all on sale now and shifting fast.
Other highlights include the long-awaited return of Mull Historical Society (14th - Electric Circus - £15.25), a Soma Records night at the Cabaret Voltaire (20th - £9.70), Field Music at the Capital (23rd - £10) and the co-performer of the unofficial World-Cup theme "Shout", Dizzee Rascal at the city's Corn Exchange on the 26th - tickets £22.75. Scroll below for the complete line-up!
You may be interested in
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Mull Historical SocietyThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 Mull Historical SocietyThe Louisiana (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 Mull Historical SocietyThe Night and Day Cafe (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Mull Historical SocietyJericho Tavern (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th Sep 2018 Mull Historical SocietyCluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Oct 2018 Mull Historical SocietyBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 Mull Historical SocietyBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 Mull Historical SocietyThe Prince Albert (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 We Were Promised JetpacksSaint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 We Were Promised JetpacksDr Bell's Baths (Leith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 We Were Promised JetpacksBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 We Were Promised JetpacksThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Professor GreenElectric (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 We Were Promised JetpacksBush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Jan 2019 Steve MasonRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st Jan 2019 Steve MasonSWG3 (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Steve MasonBelgrave Music Hall (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Steve MasonManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 and Wed 13th Feb 2019 Steve MasonEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Steve MasonThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 Steve MasonSt. Bartholomew's Church (Brighton)Buy Tickets