Take your CAMRA - Earl's Court hosts Great British Beer Festival 2010 - tickets now on sale
It's been a tough old time for breweries and pubs up and down the country, with up to 30 pubs closing each week at one stage. Of course, some of them were the sort of hovels where you needed to have a sawn-off at your side just to order a bag of pork-scratchings and a pint of 'Bottom Trembler', but many are vibrant community pubs being squeezed by high-rates and corporate restrictions. This is why the Great British Beer Festival is so important to brewers across the world - without your patronage, they go under and we end up drinking fizzy fighting-juice and 'partner-puncher', and nobody wants that (do they?).
Earl's Court played host to well-over 60,000 visitors at the 2009 festival, good news indeed. Let's make it 70,000 in 2010 and keep the interest in British beers particularly, after all it's our heritage and we're good at it. This year's bash runs from Tuesday 3rd Aug (starts at 5pm) to Saturday 7th Aug with tickets now available for both CAMRA and non-CAMRA members. If you want to become a member of the Campaign For Real Ale, check out their website (www.camra.org.uk).
Meanwhile, quench your thirst with day tickets available for £8 each (or £6 for members) - this is a great way to save money since the admission 'on-the-day' is another few quid on top. As well as standard admission, you can indulge in tasting sessions throughout the week, including beer-experts Roger Protz, Jeff Evans, Christine Cryne and Melissa Cole discussing and offering samples of top-quality beers from Britain and the USA - each one costs £15 / £12. Click on the dates below for full ticket details and options.
Food, entertainment and non-alcoholic beverages are available if it all gets a bit blurry, but to be fair it rarely does if you start with half-pints and take it easy! And don't forget - Thursday is 'Hat Day', a chance to turn up looking like a crazed loon with a favourite hat of many years, or one you have just made. After a few bevvies, it won't matter what you look like will it? Cheers!
You may be interested in
- Thu 17th May 2018 to Sun 20th May 2018 Pub in the Park, Jamie Cullum, The MilkBuy Tickets
- Sun 20th May 2018 Pub in the Park, Will Young, KT Tunstall, The RiflesHigginson Park - Marlow (Buckinghamshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Melanie C, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Pub in the Park, Razorlight, Stereo MCsRoyal Victoria Park (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 and Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Squeeze, Scouting for Girls...Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 The Rollin' Clones, Who's Next, Newark FestivalRiverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Newark Festival, Marti Pellow, Kim Wilde, Go West, Nick Heyw...Riverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-BextorBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Billy Ocean, Scouting for G...Dunorlan Park (Tunbridge Wells)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Toploader, Gabrielle Aplin, Razorlight, Mel...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets