Bonafide Joe Bonamassa brings the blues to Britain - U.S. guitarist announces October 2010 UK tour
Posted: 1st June 2010
He may not be an obvious name to some of you (or me, for that matter, shameful though that is) but Joe Bonamassa is a man with a mission - to continue the tradition of British blues-music into the 21st-century. Checking back through his catalogue thus far (since 2000), he isn't doing a bad job with plenty of musical reference points from the styles of Rory Gallagher, John Mayall, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jethro Tull, as well as the usual roots-blues from Messrs Water, Wolf and Collins.
He recently released an album entitled "Black Rock", a set that reached number 1 in the States' blues chart and a set that you can hear for yourself - yes indeed, Bonamassa hits these shores in October beginning at Folkestone's Lea Cliff Hall on the 9th, before hitting Cambridge (10th), Bridlington (11th), Ipswich (13th), Bristol (14th), Manchester (15th), Newcastle (17th), Glasgow (18th) and finally Leicester on the 19th. Tickets are on sale now, priced at £30 / £50 depending on location and seating. He recently played a few larger theatre dates including the Hammersmith Apollo.
If you need further proof of Bonamassa's rock and blues kudos, check out the supergroup he formed a while back called Black Country Communion. Glenn Hughes (ex-Purple bassist), Jason Bonham (drummer and John's son) and Derek Sherinan (keyboardist in Dream Theater and Platypus) - so he knows a few top-knotch people. The band also have a new album due out this year.
- Sat 25th Apr 2020 Joe Bonamassa Brighton Centre (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Apr 2020 Joe Bonamassa Playhouse (Edinburgh) Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th Apr 2020 Joe Bonamassa M & S Bank Arena [Formerly Echo] (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th Apr 2020 Joe Bonamassa The Sage (Gateshead) Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st May 2020 Joe Bonamassa First Direct Arena (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd May 2020 Joe Bonamassa Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets