Variete is the spice of life - Marc Almond extends Winter 2010 UK tour in support of new album
Posted: 1st June 2010
After some increased interest in Soft Cell's back catalogue a couple of years back, it seems only fitting that Marc Almond, the charismatic torch-singer from said duo returns with a new album. Entitled "Variete", this is his first self-penned outing since 1999's "Open All Night" and gets a release this week, courtesy of the landmark haven for English eccentricity, Cherry Red Records. The 16-track album is released on 7th June and Almond has announced a string of dates in November to support the new release.
He kicks off his jaunt in Bexhill on 13th Nov and continues to Liverpool (19th), Manchester (20th), Leeds (22nd - on sale Friday at 9am), Edinburgh (23th), Glasgow (24th), Birmingham (28th - on sale Friday at 9am) and Shepherd's Bush (2nd Dec - also on sale Friday at 9am). Tickets will cost around £22.50, depending on location.
Almond also has a date at London's Jazz Cafe this Wednesday (9th), although face-value tickets for this gig have all sold out (but there are a few higher-priced ones available via our link to a trusted reseller).
"Variete" has been hailed as a personal document, detailing his life from his teenage years right up to his recent past and his colourful recording career with Soft Cell and Marc and the Mambas.
- Mon 10th Feb 2020 Marc Almond, Chris Braide Royal Festival Hall (Lambeth) Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd May 2020 China Crisis, Heather Small, Johnny Hates Jazz, Marc Almond, The South Jonny Rocks Stadium [Cheltenham Town FC] (Cheltenham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jul 2020 Mixtape: Marc Almond, Heaven 17, Living In A Box Open Air Theatre (Scarborough) Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Aug 2020 Newark Festival, Marc Almond, Heather Small, Hue and Cry, China Crisis, Altered Images Riverside Park (Newark) Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th Aug 2020 Marc Almond, Heather Small, Roland Gift, The South, Fiction Factory Slessor Gardens (Dundee) Buy Tickets