Michael Clark Company presents Come, Been and Gone at the Barbican, June 2010
Have you ever found yourself re-enacting, miming if not atonally ruining one David Bowie's songs in front your mirror hair-brush in hand, wig on and make-up aplenty? Well, no shame in that... Acclaimed choreographer, Michael Clark, certainly feels none and even pushes the zeal/enthusiasm to dedicating an entire show to Bowie's repertoire.
So, if you feel like belonging to an even broader crowd of Bowie fans or getting converted into one through a different art form than his, head to the Barbican, to enjoy 'Come, Been and Gone', a dance performance by the Michael Clark Company, based around Bowie's music, as well as that of his collaborators (Iggy Pop, Lou Reed and Brian Eno) and influences (The Velvet Underground, Kraftwerk and Nina Simone).
This is all happening from 3rd June to 12th June, with performances starting at 7.45pm pronto (no late admissions, be warned!), after a sold-out run last year at the same venue.
Tickets are on sale now, ranging from £10 to £35, depending on the seating, available from www.barbican.org.uk
"Let's Dance!" or rather watch them boys and girls do so...
You may be interested in
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Mon 21st May 2018 Shen YunBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 and Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Sasha Waltz & GuestsBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 to Fri 25th May 2018 Rambert Dance CompanyBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 to Mon 9th Apr 2018 Wayne McGregor: New McGregor, the Age of Anxiety, New WheeldonBuy Tickets
- Thu 26th Apr 2018 and Fri 27th Apr 2018 BalletboyzBuy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 to Fri 11th May 2018 Cloud Gate Dance TheatreBuy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 to Fri 11th May 2018 Hofesh ShechterBuy Tickets