The National for Winter 2010 'High Violet' UK tour
Posted: 13th May 2010
Matt Berninger and his acolytes of The National have announced they will temporarily leave their beloved Big Apple to visit their British fans in the winter. The quintet (Berninger, plus the Dessner and Devendorf brothers) have just released their sixth album in nine years, this Monday 10th May. Entitled 'High Violet' the album is released on the cult record label, 4AD [check the five star review in the sidebar].
In November and December they'll treat the selected cities of Bristol (24th November), Coventry (25th November), Glasgow (26th November), Manchester (27th November) and London (at Brixton Academy, on 1st December).
The first single off the self-produced and (trademark) gloom-driven 'High Violet' is 'Bloodbuzz Ohio', released on May 3rd, which will be followed by the great 'Anyone's Ghost' on 28th June.
In the meantime, the band will play Glastonbury on 26th June, Latitude on 16th July as well as the Brighton Corn Exchange on 9th July, tickets for all of which have already sold out.
Tickets for the 'High Violet' tour go on sale on this Friday 14th May at 9am, and range from £18.50 - £21.50 (+booking fee) , depending on the city.
- Mon 1st Jun 2020 The National O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Jun 2020 The National O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jun 2020 The National Botanic Gardens (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jun 2020 The National Docklands (Limerick) Buy Tickets
- Mon 8th Jun 2020 The National Marquee (Cork) Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jun 2020 Rock In Rio, Foo Fighters, The National Parque Da Bela Vista (Lisbon) Buy Tickets