Joe Satriani just wants to rock - virtuoso guitarist due to play UK dates for Autumn 2010
Posted: 11th May 2010
He is known for his technical and dextrous wielding of a guitar, has passed on his knowledge and wizardry to Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett and Charlie Hunter (and those three are pretty damned good) and has been nominated for multiple Grammy awards whilst maintaining an aloof air to fame and stardom, he just does what he does - astounds.
After nearly 25 years of recording and performing around the world, he shows no sign of flagging and has announced a few UK pit-stops during the European leg of his 2010 tour. Kicking off in Manchester on 17th October, the gigs continue to Bristol (18th), Hammersmith (19th), Newcastle (21st), Glasgow (22nd) and finally Birmingham (23rd).
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday 13th May, costing £33 for all dates.
Although his main successes have been in the States, Satriani is held in enormous regard right across Europe, signified by his decision to release a live album this year, assembled from over two hours of a set played in Paris in 2008. He had previously released a live album recorded in San Francisco in 2001.
This tour will mark the release of an, as yet, untitled studio album due out in October. Prior to the solo work, his side-project with Sammy Hagar called Chickenfoot released a single, "My Kinda Girl". Treading a more straight-forward rock path, the band is about to start sessions for the next album project "Chickenfoot 2". I bet you can't guess the title of the first one, eh?
- Fri 22nd May 2020 Joe Satriani : Shapeshifting De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd May 2020 Joe Satriani O2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th May 2020 Joe Satriani : Shapeshifting The Sage (Gateshead) Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th May 2020 Joe Satriani : Shapeshifting The Bridgewater Hall (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th May 2020 Joe Satriani : Shapeshifting London Palladium (Westminster) Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th May 2020 Joe Satriani : Shapeshifting Symphony Hall (Birmingham) Buy Tickets