Wireless Festival 2010 additions: Magnetic Man, Sub Focus, I Blame Coco, Alan Pownall, Jamie Lidell, New Young Pony Club, Darwin Deez plus many more
As the temperature rises in London town, Wireless sponsored by Barclaycard hots up as it's announced that the pioneering force behind the dubstep movement, Magnetic Man and drum & bass mastermind Sub Focus will make a much anticipated appearance as they join the bill for Saturday 3rd July.
Additional talent added to Friday's line up include: I Blame Coco, Alan Pownall, Kush and The 88 while Saturday sees a wealth of new acts including Jamie Lidell, Hurts, Beatbullyz, The Hundred in the Hands, Pretty Lights, New Young Pony Club, Darwin Deez and Kids on Bridges. Taking place in London's Hyde Park on Friday 2, Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 July, Wireless sponsored by Barclaycard is set to be a highlight of London's summer.
Phenomenal super group Magnetic Man - formed by dubstep dons Skream, Benga and Artwork add to the sensational Saturday line up, co-headlined by LCD Soundsystem and 2manydjs - live. Having worked together for a decade, between them, the trio of producers have masterminded hits including 'Night', 'Midnight Request Line' and the hit remix of La Roux's 'In For the Kill,' which made it a smash hit globally and earned Skream his first gold disc with 60'000 copies sold in the UK alone. Having masterminded a whole musical movement of their own, thoroughly smashed up the club scene and with the imminent release of their debut album, Magnetic Man will make their mark on Wireless sponsored by Barclaycard with what is set to be one of the most memorable performances of the Festival...and the summer!
Skream of Magnetic Man said: "With all three of us doing it, it's going to get ultra-no-holds barred. This is Magnetic Man. It's no longer three people: it's a whole."
Drum & bass producer Nick Douwma aka Sub Focus also joins the line up for Saturday. With a succession of hits on the UK Dance Chart, Sub Focus has been at the forefront of the drum & base revolution remixing tracks for The Prodigy, Dizzee Rascal, Empire of the Sun and Deamau5. His track 'Rock It' released last year became a huge hit securing his third UK Dance Chart Number 1 with the single also making it into the UK top 40 chart and onto the playlist for Radio 1's B-List. Another exhilarating addition to the bill.
From drum & bass dons to a soul-inspired beatboxer, Jamie Liddell will join the bill for Saturday. Described as the 'beatboxing one man band', the multi talented and award winning Liddell will bring his energetic live performances to Hyde Park this summer. Having been voted fourth in the BBC's Influential Sounds of 2010 poll, Manchester electro pop-duo Hurts will join headliners LCD Soundsystem and 2manydjs at Wireless sponsored by Barclaycard on Saturday 3 July.
Described as the UK's answer to the Black Eyed Peas BeatBullyz are also up on the Saturday, joined by cutting-edge Colorado based party rockers Pretty Lights. Other acts including critically acclaimed electro five piece New Young Pony Club, New York's eccentric Darwin Deez, who's track Radar Detector is currently in the charts, and infectious Northerners Kids on Bridges add to the already stellar Saturday line up.
Currently on tour supporting award winning La Roux, I Blame Coco will support P!NK on Friday 2 July. Lead singer Coco Sumner, daughter of musician Sting and Trudie Styler, will follow in her father's footsteps as she and band I Blame Coco play London's Hyde Park. Having worked with Fyfe Dangerfield from the Guillemots, and performed with Pete Doherty and Mr Hudson, I Blame Coco's debut album 'The Constant' is due for release later this year.
Also performing on the Friday is rising star Alan Pownall. Having taken to the stage at the Royal Albert Hall's Hush series and described as Britain's answer to Jack Johnson, Pownall will join five piece psychedelic/funk band The Kush and the eclectic and irresistible The 88 as they add to the electrifying line up of confirmed acts including The Ting Tings, The Temper Trap, Alphabeat and Hockey. Wireless sponsored by Barclaycard is delivering the very best in established artists, breakthrough bands and cutting edge DJ's, live under the stars. Hyde Park is looking seriously hot this summer!
Day tickets cost £47.50 - available now, but note that tickets for the Sunday (Jay-Z, Lily Allen etc) are now almost sold-out. Check the "Tickets" links below for availability.
The full line-up so far:
Friday: P!nk, The Ting Tings, The Temper Trap, Gossip, Plan B, Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders, Bowling for Soup, Alphabeat, Hockey, Daisy Dares You, I Blame Coco, The 88, Neon Hitch, Bluey Robinson, Alan Pownall, The Kush
LCD Soundsystem, 2ManyDJs, DJ Shadow, Unkle, Missy Elliott, Magnetic Man, Sub Focus, Jamie Lidell, Hurts, The Big Pink, New Young Pony Club, Darwin Deez, Phenomenal Handclap Band, Beatbullyz, The Hundred in the Hands, Kids on Bridges, Pretty Lights plus special guest Snoop Dogg
Sunday: Jay-Z, Lily Allen, Friendly Fires, Chase and Status, Slash, Chipmunk, Tinie Tempah, Drake, D12, Mr Hudson, Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Professor Green, Wale, Wiley, Roll Deep, Talay Riley, McLean, Chiddy Bang, Bluey Robinson.
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 Wireless Festival, J. Cole, Post Malone, PartyNextDoor, Big ...Finsbury Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Wireless Festival, Stormzy, Migos, J Hus, French Montana, Da...Finsbury Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 Wireless Festival, DJ Khaled, Giggs, Rae Sremmurd, Lil Uzi V...Finsbury Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 25th May 2018 All Points East, LCD Soundsystem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, ...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Skream, Dennis FerrerThe Arch (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 and Mon 28th May 2018 LCD SoundsystemSWG3 (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Jun 2018 LCD SoundsystemMalahide Castle (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 LCD SoundsystemO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Standon Calling, Bryan Ferry, Goldfrapp, The Horrors, Gaz Co...Standon (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Darwin DeezGuildhall (Gloucester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Oct 2018 Darwin DeezVillage Underground (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 Darwin DeezKomedia (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 Darwin DeezThekla (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 Darwin DeezOran Mor (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Neighbourhood Festival, Everything Everything, Sundara Karma...Various Manchester Venues (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 Darwin DeezThe Workman's Club (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 9th Oct 2018 Darwin DeezThe Bodega (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 Darwin DeezBelgrave Music Hall (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 Darwin DeezO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets