Stand-up for newly-announced comedy nights and 2010 tour additions
Just when you thought Frankie Boyle and Peter Kay were the only comedians left on the circuit, swallowing all other comedians (stop it now) in their wake and monopolising laughs, several upcoming and not so upcoming stand-up regulars have added dates to their diary (and hopefully yours). For ticket availability, click on the images, below, or scroll down for the full event listing.
You've no doubt heard of Irishman Ardal O'Hanlon, famous for portraying the daftest (or was he?) priest ever in "Father Ted" (he played dim-witted Dougal) and, more recently appearing as George Sunday in the milder comedy-show "My Hero". He does even better stand-up and has three nights confirmed for 21st Oct (Newcastle's Journal Tyne), 27th Oct (St Albans Arena) and 4th Nov (Blackburn's King George's Hall). Tickets are around £21. Honestly, go and see him - heartily recommended.
Chris Addison has very quietly forged a successful path out of satire and political humour over the past 15 years, but it has been his appearance on the hugely successful and poignant TV comedy "The Thick Of It" (and the subsequent film "In The Loop") that has brought him onto chat shows and larger stages. His calendar has just had another date added to his autumn-leg of the UK tour. Nottingham on the 15th November is the newest addition alongside nights in Manchester (7th Nov) and Birmingham (22nd and 26th Nov). £17.50 for most tickets, plus there are a few Bloomsbury gigs looming on 4th / 5th May (pretty much sold out) and 10th July.
Welshman Rhod Gilbert shot to fame (or notoriety) with his stand-up tales (and radio show) about Llanbobl, a fictitious town in North Wales from where he 'came from'. Adding the location to his forthcoming tour in the autumn has thankfully NOT happened yet (it's a bugger to get to), but he has inserted a Southampton night for 29th October into the mix - after appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe, he starts in Bristol on 31st August and continues to St Albans for two gigs on 29th and 30th November. Tickets are around £20.
Carl Donnelly and Stewart Francis may not roll off the tongue or jog the memory too quickly but they may start to with their new UK tour-dates. Donnelly is a dry Londoner whose main body of work has been on radio (as well as live) as part of "28 Acts in 28 Minutes" on Radio 4 and Kerrang! Radio's "The Asylum", as well as guesting on Russell Howard's "Good News" last year. His tour starts on Friday (30th April) and continues with Pete Johansson around the country until he hooks up with the Just The Tonic Club in London on 25th / 26th June. Canadian Francis is deadpan and drier than the Kalahari - his tour also starts on Friday in Manchester and continues onward until 15th May (Parr Hall). He then returns to the UK for a touch of the Bloomsbury's on 2nd / 3rd September and continues to Basingstoke on 30th October. Worth a watch. Prices are all around £20 or less.
Funny ladies appear in the form of Queen of the Fringe Sarah Millican, a familiar face from TV and stage who has been a near-regular on TV's "Mock The Week" (with her familiar Tyneside accent), and Josie Long who has written scripts for "Skins" as well as selling out at the Fringe and appearing on Dave Gorman's show on Radio 4 and the BBC programme "The Bubble". Millican plays the Hen and Chickens tonight (if you can get in) and then begins a summer jaunt from Witney (9th June) via a new date in Weybridge (12th June) to Northamptonshire (29th July). Then she returns for another season (this time, autumn) from Cambridge (6th Oct) to Cardiff (14th). Long has announced a new evening in Inverness for 12th September - tickets are £9.75, what a bargain.
Lastly, try and see the man who created "Fakespeare", Russell Kane. He also starts his tour this week in Bristol and plays varied and scattergun dates right up until some bargain gigs in June and July (a tenner or under for Edinburgh Previews) and a final rush through some October nights in Cambridge, Barnsley and Stockton. Tickets are around £15.
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Thu 6th Dec 2018 Sarah Millican: Control EnthusiastBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sat 7th Dec 2019 Stewart Francis: Into the PunsetBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Stewart Francis, John Lees' Barclay James Harvest: Into the PunsetDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Jan 2019 to Sat 12th Oct 2019 Russell Kane: The Fast and the CuriousBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Rhod Gilbert: The King of JohnBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Mar 2019 Ardal O'HanlonCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Jason ManfordBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Mon 26th Nov 2018 Dave Gorman: With Great Powerpoint Comes Great ResponsibilityPointBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Kevin Bridges: The Brand New TourBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Wed 28th Nov 2018 Sara Pascoe: LadsLadsLadsBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Zoe LyonsBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Fri 2nd Nov 2018 JimeoinBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Tom GrennanBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Jason Byrne: You Can Come In, but Don't Start AnythingBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sun 25th Nov 2018 Rob NewmanBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Dara O'BriainBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Tim VineBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 and Sun 21st Oct 2018 Phill JupitusBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Mon 29th Oct 2018 IdlesBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Fri 23rd Nov 2018 James AcasterBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Gary Delaney: Gagster's ParadiseBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sat 27th Oct 2018 Ahir Shah: DufferBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 Russell HowardClapham Grand (Clapham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Chris Ramsey: Just Happy to Get Out of the HouseBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Wed 28th Nov 2018 Rich HallBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 SWN Festival, The Go! Team, Boy Azooga, Gaz Coombes, Bo Ning...Various Cardiff Venues (Cardiff)More Info..
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 Brendan Riley, Paul Sinha, Alex BoardmanThe Bold Hotel (Southport)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Steve Davis [snooker], Kavus TorabiThe Bullingdon/ Haven (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Dylan Moran: Dr CosmosBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Jamie Sutherland, Brendan RileyThe Bentley (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Reginald D Hunter, Tom StadeHansom Hall (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Elis James, John Robins: The Holy VibleBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 and Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Dave Chappelle, Jon StewartBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 to Wed 28th Nov 2018 Andrew O'NeillBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 DJ Craig Charles, Oh My God! It's The ChurchUniversity of Plymouth Student's Union (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Oct 2018 to Mon 19th Nov 2018 Richard HerringBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Oct 2018 to Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Tom AllenBuy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 Fin TaylorBuy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Jo BrandRoyal Northern College of Music (RNCM) (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Brendan GraceSpiegeltent - The Quay (Wexford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Milton Jones, Jarred Christmas, Kiri Pritchard-McleanJust The Tonic (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Sean Meo, Alex BoardmanThe Bentley (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Omid DjaliliBroadway Theatre - Letchworth (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 Nick RevellThe Borough (Lancaster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 Brendon Burns, Alun CochraneThe Royal George - Greenfield (Greater Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 to Tue 27th Nov 2018 Stephen K Amos: Bouquets and BrickbatsBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 Inside Black Mirror: Charlie BrookerIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 and Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Marcus BrigstockeBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Jo Caulfield, Bobby Mair, Justin MoorhouseChorlton Irish Club (Chorlton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 and Sun 18th Nov 2018 Colin MurphyBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Reginald D Hunter, Suzi RuffellThe MCT At Alleyn's (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Mark ThomasArcola Theatre (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Paul Tonkinson, Brendan RileyThe Bentley (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Des BishopThe Abbey Tavern Howth (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Elis JamesTobacco Factory (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Didsbury Comedy Club, Jo Caulfield, Danny McLoughlinDidsbury Cricket/ Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Roy WalkerComedy Lounge (Hull)Buy Tickets