Stand-up for newly-announced comedy nights and 2010 tour additions
Posted: 27th April 2010
Just when you thought Frankie Boyle and Peter Kay were the only comedians left on the circuit, swallowing all other comedians (stop it now) in their wake and monopolising laughs, several upcoming and not so upcoming stand-up regulars have added dates to their diary (and hopefully yours). For ticket availability, click on the images, below, or scroll down for the full event listing.
Ardal O'Hanlon You've no doubt heard of Irishman Ardal O'Hanlon, famous for portraying the daftest (or was he?) priest ever in "Father Ted" (he played dim-witted Dougal) and, more recently appearing as George Sunday in the milder comedy-show "My Hero". He does even better stand-up and has three nights confirmed for 21st Oct (Newcastle's Journal Tyne), 27th Oct (St Albans Arena) and 4th Nov (Blackburn's King George's Hall). Tickets are around £21. Honestly, go and see him - heartily recommended.
Chris Addison has very quietly forged a successful path out of satire and political humour over the past 15 years, but it has been his appearance on the hugely successful and poignant TV comedy "The Thick Of It" (and the subsequent film "In The Loop") that has brought him onto chat shows and larger stages. His calendar has just had another date added to his autumn-leg of the UK tour. Nottingham on the 15th November is the newest addition alongside nights in Manchester (7th Nov) and Birmingham (22nd and 26th Nov). £17.50 for most tickets, plus there are a few Bloomsbury gigs looming on 4th / 5th May (pretty much sold out) and 10th July.
Rhod Gilbert Welshman Rhod Gilbert shot to fame (or notoriety) with his stand-up tales (and radio show) about Llanbobl, a fictitious town in North Wales from where he 'came from'. Adding the location to his forthcoming tour in the autumn has thankfully NOT happened yet (it's a bugger to get to), but he has inserted a Southampton night for 29th October into the mix - after appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe, he starts in Bristol on 31st August and continues to St Albans for two gigs on 29th and 30th November. Tickets are around £20.
Carl Donnelly and Stewart Francis may not roll off the tongue or jog the memory too quickly but they may start to with their new UK tour-dates. Donnelly is a dry Londoner whose main body of work has been on radio (as well as live) as part of "28 Acts in 28 Minutes" on Radio 4 and Kerrang! Radio's "The Asylum", as well as guesting on Russell Howard's "Good News" last year. His tour starts on Friday (30th April) and continues with Pete Johansson around the country until he hooks up with the Just The Tonic Club in London on 25th / 26th June. Canadian Francis is deadpan and drier than the Kalahari - his tour also starts on Friday in Manchester and continues onward until 15th May (Parr Hall). He then returns to the UK for a touch of the Bloomsbury's on 2nd / 3rd September and continues to Basingstoke on 30th October. Worth a watch. Prices are all around £20 or less.
Sarah Millican Funny ladies appear in the form of Queen of the Fringe Sarah Millican, a familiar face from TV and stage who has been a near-regular on TV's "Mock The Week" (with her familiar Tyneside accent), and Josie Long who has written scripts for "Skins" as well as selling out at the Fringe and appearing on Dave Gorman's show on Radio 4 and the BBC programme "The Bubble". Millican plays the Hen and Chickens tonight (if you can get in) and then begins a summer jaunt from Witney (9th June) via a new date in Weybridge (12th June) to Northamptonshire (29th July). Then she returns for another season (this time, autumn) from Cambridge (6th Oct) to Cardiff (14th). Long has announced a new evening in Inverness for 12th September - tickets are £9.75, what a bargain.
Russell Kane Lastly, try and see the man who created "Fakespeare", Russell Kane. He also starts his tour this week in Bristol and plays varied and scattergun dates right up until some bargain gigs in June and July (a tenner or under for Edinburgh Previews) and a final rush through some October nights in Cambridge, Barnsley and Stockton. Tickets are around £15.
- Wed 29th Apr 2020 Russell Kane Oakengates Theatre (Telford) Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd May 2020 Manford's Comedy Festival: Russell Kane Opera House (Blackpool) Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th May 2020 Josie Long : Tender New Hall - Tiverton (Devon) Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th May 2020 Live at the Chapel, Ardal O'Hanlon, Lou Sanders, Fern Brady, Ed Gamble Union Chapel (Islington) Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th May 2020 Josie Long Old Vic (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th May 2020 Josie Long Sherman Theatre (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th May 2020 Josie Long Theatre Royal (Winchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th May 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Regent Theatre (Ipswich) Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Jun 2020 Josie Long Playhouse (Norwich) Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jun 2020 David O'Doherty, Phil Wang, Isy Suttie, Carl Donnelly Queen Square (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Warwick Arts Centre (Coventry) Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Milton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes) Buy Tickets
- Mon 8th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John The Swan Theatre / High Wycombe Town Hall (High Wycombe) Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Jun 2020 Russell Kane Loughborough Town Hall (Loughborough) Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John G-Live (Guildford) Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jun 2020 Josie Long Artrix Bromsgrove (Worcestershire) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Josie Long The Dukes (Lancaster) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Congress Theatre (Eastbourne) Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jun 2020 Josie Long The Lowry (Salford) Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Cliffs Pavilion (Southend) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John William Aston Hall - Glyndwr University [NEWI] (Wrexham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Colosseum (Watford) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John Hippodrome (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Jun 2020 Rhod Gilbert The King's Theatre (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Jul 2020 Rhod Gilbert Wales Millennium Centre/ Donald Gordon Theatre/ Weston Studio (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Jul 2020 Rhod Gilbert : The Book of John The Marina Theatre (Lowestoft) Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Jul 2020 Rhod Gilbert City Hall (Salisbury) Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Jul 2020 to Sun 26th Jul 2020 Indietracks, Los Campesinos!, Pip Blom, Rozi Plain, Whyte Horses, Josie Long Midland Railway - Butterley Station (Derbyshire) Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Nov 2020 Josie Long Oran Mor (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Nov 2020 Josie Long : Tender The Grand Pavilion Theatre (Matlock) Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jan 2021 Rhod Gilbert Olympia Theatre (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jan 2021 Rhod Gilbert Cork Opera House (Cork) Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Jan 2021 Rhod Gilbert Cork Opera House (Cork) Buy Tickets