Cooking doesn't get much more varied than this! Chefs and Foodies unite with events worth salivating over in 2010
You can't turn on the TV without chefs, cooks and wannabees flambéing a dead rabbit in sherry vinegar or blitzing a cucumber to within an inch of its pith. It's all good though, but how would you like to witness some of them doing it all for real? Well, tuck your napkin in and feast your eyes on this lot.
The Hairy Bikers
The Hairy Bikers (or Bakers, Buggers or whatever they are currently called) have put the fun back into fondue and the smile into piling it high, bless their leathery hides. They start their next UK tour in Basingstoke (land of 'doughnuts', seems fitting) on 30th Apr before revving off to loads of places around the country, far (Darlington on the 18th May) and wide (Llandudno on 25th June) until 27th June when they tuck into some Brighton hospitality. Tickets are around £21.50 plus fees.
Two chaps who have been instrumental in convincing the nation that pretty-boys can serve up a tasty platter just as well as the grafters, are James Martin and Gino D'Acampo. Martin has hosted BBC's Saturday Kitchen for some years now keeping butter-churners in business anyway. D'acampo is a hit with the ladies and has transformed our attitudes to Italian cooking. Both men are performing their art at the 'Love Cooking' event at Edinburgh's Playhouse on Tuesday 12th Oct, alongside the king of the 80s chefs Gary Rhodes, Ireland's Queen of home-cooking Rachel Allen and old spice maniac Ainsley Harriott. £28.50 gets you a 90-minute performance by each chef.
Real Food Festival 2010
Earl's Court is hosting the annual Real Food Festival in May for three days, running from 7th - 10th. For just £7.50 a day, you can witness demonstrations from famous faces from the world's kitchens, as well as an insight into how your food reached your mouth in the first place. Enlightening stuff. Exhibitors will be displaying their lovingly-created wares, Riverford Farm will provide no-nonsense nosh in their restaurant and none other than Raymond Blanc, Oli Rowe and Giorgio Locatelli will demo their skills. I'm getting hungry just writing this. Please note that the 10th May is reserved for 'trade' customers only.
Travelling around the country this year is the Foodies Festival (With Top Chefs, it says on the posters). Five locations will soon be filled with the waft of food and the rumbling of stomachs, including Hampton Court in May (29th - 31st), Leeds Roundhay in July (2nd - 4th), Glasgow George Square also in July (30th - 1st Aug), Edinburgh Holyrood in August (13th - 15th) and finally Oxford South Parks from 28th - 30th August. For Hampton Court there will be a rotation of some huge names demonstrating their culinary prowess, including Maze's Jason Atherton, Pearl's Jun Tunaka (this bloke's top dollar), The Victoria's foodie theorist and chef Paul Merrett, Morston Hall's passionate Galton Blackiston from Norfolk, Benares' spice-lord Atul Kochhar and TV personality and total foodie, who is always game for a cook-off (easy now), Nadia Sawalha. All tickets are £5. That's £5.
Time for dinner!
You may also be interested in
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Nina NesbittOmeara (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 LissieO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 4th Nov 2018 Caro EmeraldBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Fri 15th Mar 2019 Police Dog HoganBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 to Tue 13th Nov 2018 Nigella LawsonBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 London Restaurant Festival: Ultimate Gastronomic WeekendBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 and Sat 20th Oct 2018 BBC Good Food ShowBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 BBC Good Food Show, Paul HollywoodSEC Glasgow / Armadillo / Lomond Auditorium (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 Eat FilmTemple Cinema (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Jimmy CliffSubterania (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Thorbjorn Risager and the Black Tornado, Grainne DuffyUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 Deacon Blue: To Be Here SomedayBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Taste of LondonBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jay RaynerThe Milton Rooms (Malton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 and Sat 1st Dec 2018 Vessel Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 and Fri 7th Dec 2018 Lewis Capaldi, Nina NesbittBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 to Fri 24th May 2019 UB40: For The ManyBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 and Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 21st Mar 2019 and Fri 22nd Mar 2019 Amy MacDonaldBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 to Sun 25th Aug 2019 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets