Cooking doesn't get much more varied than this! Chefs and Foodies unite with events worth salivating over in 2010
You can't turn on the TV without chefs, cooks and wannabees flambéing a dead rabbit in sherry vinegar or blitzing a cucumber to within an inch of its pith. It's all good though, but how would you like to witness some of them doing it all for real? Well, tuck your napkin in and feast your eyes on this lot.
The Hairy Bikers
The Hairy Bikers (or Bakers, Buggers or whatever they are currently called) have put the fun back into fondue and the smile into piling it high, bless their leathery hides. They start their next UK tour in Basingstoke (land of 'doughnuts', seems fitting) on 30th Apr before revving off to loads of places around the country, far (Darlington on the 18th May) and wide (Llandudno on 25th June) until 27th June when they tuck into some Brighton hospitality. Tickets are around £21.50 plus fees.
Two chaps who have been instrumental in convincing the nation that pretty-boys can serve up a tasty platter just as well as the grafters, are James Martin and Gino D'Acampo. Martin has hosted BBC's Saturday Kitchen for some years now keeping butter-churners in business anyway. D'acampo is a hit with the ladies and has transformed our attitudes to Italian cooking. Both men are performing their art at the 'Love Cooking' event at Edinburgh's Playhouse on Tuesday 12th Oct, alongside the king of the 80s chefs Gary Rhodes, Ireland's Queen of home-cooking Rachel Allen and old spice maniac Ainsley Harriott. £28.50 gets you a 90-minute performance by each chef.
Real Food Festival 2010
Earl's Court is hosting the annual Real Food Festival in May for three days, running from 7th - 10th. For just £7.50 a day, you can witness demonstrations from famous faces from the world's kitchens, as well as an insight into how your food reached your mouth in the first place. Enlightening stuff. Exhibitors will be displaying their lovingly-created wares, Riverford Farm will provide no-nonsense nosh in their restaurant and none other than Raymond Blanc, Oli Rowe and Giorgio Locatelli will demo their skills. I'm getting hungry just writing this. Please note that the 10th May is reserved for 'trade' customers only.
Travelling around the country this year is the Foodies Festival (With Top Chefs, it says on the posters). Five locations will soon be filled with the waft of food and the rumbling of stomachs, including Hampton Court in May (29th - 31st), Leeds Roundhay in July (2nd - 4th), Glasgow George Square also in July (30th - 1st Aug), Edinburgh Holyrood in August (13th - 15th) and finally Oxford South Parks from 28th - 30th August. For Hampton Court there will be a rotation of some huge names demonstrating their culinary prowess, including Maze's Jason Atherton, Pearl's Jun Tunaka (this bloke's top dollar), The Victoria's foodie theorist and chef Paul Merrett, Morston Hall's passionate Galton Blackiston from Norfolk, Benares' spice-lord Atul Kochhar and TV personality and total foodie, who is always game for a cook-off (easy now), Nadia Sawalha. All tickets are £5. That's £5.
Time for dinner!
- Sat 5th May 2018 Foodies Festival, ToploaderHove Lawns (Hove)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 Foodies Festival, The HoosiersHove Lawns (Hove)Buy Tickets
- Mon 7th May 2018 Foodies FestivalHove Lawns (Hove)Buy Tickets
- Fri 11th May 2018 Foodies Festival, The HoosiersThe Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th May 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, DodgyThe Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th May 2018 Foodies FestivalThe Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 Foodies FestivalSyon Park (Brentford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, The HoosiersCannon Hill Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Foodies Festival, DodgyCannon Hill Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Foodies FestivalCannon Hill Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, DodgyTatton Park (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 Foodies Festival, DodgyTatton Park (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Foodies FestivalTatton Park (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 5th Aug 2018 Foodies FestivalInverleith Park (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, The HoosiersSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, DodgySouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Aug 2018 Foodies FestivalSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 to Sat 12th May 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 Jay RaynerRhoda Mcgaw Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 to Sun 20th May 2018 This Morning LiveBuy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 Pub in the ParkBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Nigel Slater's ToastBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 The Rollin' Clones, Who's Next, Newark FestivalRiverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Newark Festival, Marti Pellow, Kim Wilde, Go West, Nick Heyw...Riverside Park (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 MeatopiaBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets