Cancer Research UK charity single 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' out next week - 26th April 2010
With this year's series of Race for Life events set to start next month - taking place over the whole of the summer, and just after this Sunday's London Marathon, Cancer Research UK are launching a charity single - a cover of Cyndi Lauper's 80s hit 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun'.
Released on Monday 26th April, the single features the vocal talents of Carol Decker (T'Pau), X Factor 2009 finalist Lucie Jones, Sonique, Kym Marsh, the Cheeky Girls, former Steps girl Lisa Scott-Lee, former Liberty X singer Kelli Young and many more - check the video, above right.
Race for Life is Cancer Research UK's flagship event, started in 1994, with over £370 million raised. In 2010 over 230 events are taking place across the UK. Each event is a 5k or 10k run, which entrants (women-only) can run, jog or walk, with the aim being to raise as much as possible for Cancer Research UK. Check the Race for Life website to find an event near you: www.raceforlife.org
There are over 230 Race for Life events taking place around the country between May and July and are open to women across the UK. There is no prize for first place - you can walk, jog or run the 5k course. Almost half of Race for Life participants chose to walk at their event.
The single will be available in Tesco stores all over the UK and is available as an MP3 from play.com (check the link to the right) as well as iTunes from Monday 26th June.
You may be interested in
- Wed 24th Apr 2019 to Wed 26th Jun 2019 Open Jam Sessions [Troubadour]Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Apr 2019 Bad Sounds, Gengahr, Flamingods, Phil Taggart's Slacker, Are...Various Reading Venues (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Comedy 4 ChristiesThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st May 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Wed 1st May 2019 Farm Africa's Laughing Season, Ed Gamble, Lou Sanders, Tez I...EartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 to Sun 5th May 2019 Teddy RocksBuy Tickets
- Sun 5th May 2019 to Sun 23rd Jun 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 Stone Valley Festival South: Stone Valley Festival, From the Jam, The Sex Pissed DollsHillside Farm - Ware (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Stone Valley Festival South: Stone Valley Festival, Cast, Neville Staple, Secret AffairHillside Farm - Ware (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 Stone Valley Festival South: Stone Valley Festival, Peter Hook, Geno Washington, The Spit...Hillside Farm - Ware (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 Stone Valley Festival North: Stone Valley Festival, The Dualers, Green DateThe Castle Park (Durham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 Stone Valley Festival North: Stone Valley Festival, The Undertones, Neville Staple, Bad M...The Castle Park (Durham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Adam Buxton, Jeff Innocent, Scott Capur...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets