Cancer Research UK charity single 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' out next week - 26th April 2010
With this year's series of Race for Life events set to start next month - taking place over the whole of the summer, and just after this Sunday's London Marathon, Cancer Research UK are launching a charity single - a cover of Cyndi Lauper's 80s hit 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun'.
Released on Monday 26th April, the single features the vocal talents of Carol Decker (T'Pau), X Factor 2009 finalist Lucie Jones, Sonique, Kym Marsh, the Cheeky Girls, former Steps girl Lisa Scott-Lee, former Liberty X singer Kelli Young and many more - check the video, above right.
Race for Life is Cancer Research UK's flagship event, started in 1994, with over £370 million raised. In 2010 over 230 events are taking place across the UK. Each event is a 5k or 10k run, which entrants (women-only) can run, jog or walk, with the aim being to raise as much as possible for Cancer Research UK. Check the Race for Life website to find an event near you: www.raceforlife.org
There are over 230 Race for Life events taking place around the country between May and July and are open to women across the UK. There is no prize for first place - you can walk, jog or run the 5k course. Almost half of Race for Life participants chose to walk at their event.
The single will be available in Tesco stores all over the UK and is available as an MP3 from play.com (check the link to the right) as well as iTunes from Monday 26th June.
You may be interested in
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Peaceful Noise, Tom Grennan, The Hunna, Liela Moss, John K...Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 and Sun 9th Dec 2018 War ChildBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Giggle AidFrog and Bucket Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 Muse, The Prince's TrustRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)More Info..
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 Laugh Till It Hurts, Stephen Grant, Joe Wilkinson, Sally-Ann...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 BRAINWAVES: Mind [charity]Gullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 Mo Gilligan, Fundraising EventO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 Romesh Ranganathan, CALM [charity]: Hip Hop Saved My LifeIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Streets of London, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Bastille, Mabel...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Wed 20th Mar 2019 and Thu 21st Mar 2019 Voice in a MillionOn SaleWed 21st Novat 9am
- Sat 23rd Mar 2019 Burlesque ShowAlton Assembly Rooms (Alton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Aled Jones, Fundraising EventRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets