Cargo to host world music cultural event in June 2010 - Talvin Singh to headline
The social and arts enterprise, The Human Culture Collective, aims to increase awareness of world poverty issues by holding music and performance events and parties. Their next ambitious event takes place at Cargo in Shoreditch, East London and features a cracking quartet of performers as well as food and drink from around the world.
Tabla-maestro Talvin Singh will headline the Artists Revolution Party - Arts in Action on World Poverty on 26th June, starting at 7pm. Tickets cost £11, a bargain for such a cool cause.
Singh has been a pivotal figure in Asian-fusion music since the 90s, creating a hybrid of Indian-classical music and tight atmospheric drum n bass. The latter prompted him to begin the famous 'Anokha' club night at the now-defunct Blue Note bar (Hoxton) - but, trust me, his tabla-playing is the mutt's nuts.
In support is Carmen Souza, a Portugese/Cape Verde singer who mixes jazz, afro-beat and salsa/fado in a rather fetching and colourful fusion that is sure to be the perfect accompaniment to a fruity cocktail and the summer sun. Also appearing is the Attab Hattad Ensemble (London-based acoustic-oud wizard) and Julene (Haitian singer).
You may also be interested in
- Sun 19th Aug 2018 to Fri 19th Oct 2018 Sam CarterBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Moseley Folk Festival, Nick Mulvey, This Is The Kit, Willy M...Moseley Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Keith JamesBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Fri 12th Oct 2018 Terry RileyBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Fri 10th May 2019 Fairport ConventionBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 London Jazz Festival, Guy Barker: Jazz Voice - Opening GalaRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Arun Ghosh, Jason Singh [beatboxer]Archspace (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 Espen Eriksen Trio, Andy SheppardBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The Pretty Things, David Gilmour, Van Morrison: Final BowIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets