Greenwich Summer Sessions 2010 to feature Athlete, Seth Lakeman, Jools Holland, The Levellers and more
Hey, anyone ever thought how awesome it would be if History and modern music combined? Nope? Me neither. But now it has and it actually sounds pretty darn good as Greenwich, London's most popular tourist destination, gets set to host a four day festival this July in part to celebrate the history of Greenwich as it gets set to be the host Village for the 2012 Olympics and in part to just have some fun!
The inaugural Greenwich Summer Sessions take place over four days at the Old Royal Naval College, with each day having a certain theme. Wednesday 21st July sees Dartmoor folkster Seth Lakeman and punk stalwarts The Levellers kick off the festival with the first theme, 'Rebels', a nod to the English Peasants Revolt of 1381. Thursday 22nd is 'Royals' day, with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra joined by soprano Natasha Marsh and tenor Nicky Spence.
Friday 23rd brings the 'Rivers' theme and is packed with top class acts including the fantastic Alison Moyet as well as local boy Jools Holland with his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra. The festival takes a nap on Saturday before returning for its final theme night on Sunday 25th. The theme is 'Runners', referencing the fact that Greenwich is the starting point for the London Marathon and the headliners that night are....wait for it...Athlete [also local boys - Ed]. What a lovely link up. With more acts to be announced for Sunday it is set to be a festival to remember.
As a special promotion residents in the Greenwich area can submit their postcodes to get a discount for each day which work out at £22.50 for Wednesday 21st/Thursday 22nd/ Sunday 25th and £27.50 for Friday 23rd. The rest of us still have a bargain with tickets costing £25 for Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday and £32.50 for Friday's Jools Holland extravaganza. Gold and Silver VIP packages are also available for the full experience (VIP seating, pre-show champagne and food, VIP bar and post-concert three-course meal - Gold package only) so get hitting the links below to get yourself in on a very historical festival.
- Jools Holland VIP
- Royal Phil. VIP
You may also be interested in
- Wed 14th Mar 2018 LevellersCheltenham Town Hall (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 Levellers, GingerBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Mar 2018 Levellers, GingerThe Anvil/ The Forge (Basingstoke)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Levellers, GingerThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 Levellers, GingerDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 LevellersDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Levellers: AcousticWinchester Cathedral (Hampshire)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Anna Netrebko, Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 The Bath Festival, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation, I...: 70th Anniversary Finale WeekendThe Recreation Ground (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Jun 2018 LevellersDreamland (Margate)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 LevellersCaerphilly Castle (Caerphilly)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Royal Philharmonic Concert Or...: Movie Themes of John WilliamsKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Last Night of the Kenwood Proms: Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Katherine Jenkins, Royal Phil...Kenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Jul 2018 Sounds of the City, Levellers, New Model ArmyCastlefield Bowl (Castlefield)Buy Tickets