Keane keen to involve fans at new intimate June 2010 UK dates just announced
Posted: 13th April 2010
Good news for Keane fans - if you missed out on tickets for the upcoming Forest tour of theirs, the boys have announced a small handful of more 'intimate' dates to satisfy demand. Treating the four dates as a return to their roots, Keane will play London's Roundhouse on 15th June, Birmingham's Academy on the 16th, Glasgow's Barrowland on the 21st and Dublin's Olympia on the 23rd. The idea behind these dates is simple - make them intimate and get the fans to sing along as well as visit places that they haven't played for a while (Birmingham was 2007).
Now look - the Forest dates have all sold out and these tickets will too so it's up early on Friday 16th April and ready with the mouse!
Despite the various depressions and breakdowns the band have suffered, Tom Chaplin and co have racked-up no less than three consecutive number one albums, although the last one 'Perfect Symmetry' wasn't so widely accepted around Europe as with the first two. New material has been scant but it appears as though the lads are experimenting a little more by recording with Somalian rapper K'naan - the fruits of this should be unveiled in a new EP, 'Night Train', released as a download single last week. The eight track EP will appear on 10th May with the band launching the EP at a special evening at Brixton's Fridge on the 12th (now sold out).
- Fri 12th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Bedgebury Pinetum (Cranbrook) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Live in the Wyldes, Keane The Wyldes (Bude) Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Westonbirt Arboretum (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Cannock Birches Forest (Stafford) Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd Jul 2020 Keane Samuel Beckett Theatre - Trinity College (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Jul 2020 TRNSMT, Liam Gallagher, Foals, Keane, Twin Atlantic Glasgow Green (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Jul 2020 Latitude, Chemical Brothers, Keane Henham Park (Suffolk) Buy Tickets