April 2010 Holiday Ideas for all the Family - All Ages Covered with Dinosaurs, Gruffalos and Dungeons!
Easter may have passed by with no more than chocolate overload, but there are still a few days left to entertain the family out of the house, rather than loll about watching another episode of 'Murder She Wrote' or seeing your kids glued to another FaceSpace networking session.
If your very young kids demand entertaining than why not try a children's show? 'The Gruffalo' is a charming story playing across the country over the coming weeks, although currently appearing at Salford's Lowry venue for today and tomorrow (£11), before heading off to Woking from the 16th onward (and under a tenner). 'Peppa Pig' is throwing a party with chums in Glasgow's Kings Theatre today and tomorrow, before heading off to Buxton (10th and 11th), Telford (14th and 15th) and Blackpool (24th and 25th) - tickets are around £16.
Comedy 4 Kids
If you want your children to have a good old chuckle then 'Comedy 4 Kids' could be for them (and you) - there are two dates (10th and 24th April) at the Soho Theatre for £7.50. Further afield, 'The Little Big Club' will be touring the country with all your favourite characters (well, your kids' favourites) - Hastings is the next stop on Saturday (10th April), then Blackburn (11th) and two dates in Felixstowe (13th and 14th) - tickets are around £14.
Older kids will love 'War Horse' playing at the New London Theatre, London. Occasional loud bangs aside, the story is an exciting and charming tale of one man's devotion to his animal through war-time. Tickets start at £14.25 with performances right up until July.
There are plenty of days out ideas, other than shows. If you are in the capital, the Tower of London has tickets available for Thursday 15th, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th at £17.50 (£9.50 for 5 to 15 yrs, under 5s free) and there are some scary Dinosaurs Unleashed at Parklife (Oxford Street) for the family (£44) or individuals (£15.50 or less). There are London Eye tickets available this week at £17.50 (£9.50 for kids), the British Music Experience exhibition tickets at the O2 (£12) and admission to the glorious St Paul's Cathedral is £12 (tickets still available for Sat 10th for example).
Myths and Monsters
Finally, animal lovers can opt for London Zoo (£19.50 / £15.50), SeaLife Brighton (£14.50) and the excellent Myths and Monsters at Forest Hill's Horniman Museum, just £5!
You may also be interested in
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Stick ManBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Ice SkatingBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Whipsnade Zoo AdmissionBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Wed 26th Dec 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 to Wed 26th Dec 2018 Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making of Harry PotterBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 and Sat 15th Dec 2018 Comedy Club 4 KidsBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Glow WildBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Wed 26th Dec 2018 Room on the BroomBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 FunboxBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 to Sun 23rd Dec 2018 The Snow QueenBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 The Box of DelightsBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Santa's GrottoBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Operation OuchBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Santa Claus and the Magical Christmas JourneyBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Elf - A Christmas SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Tue 18th Dec 2018 to Mon 24th Dec 2018 Mr Popper's PenguinsBuy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 to Sun 23rd Dec 2018 Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 to Sun 23rd Dec 2018 Polly And The Magic LampBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Hyde Park Winter WonderlandThe Purty Kitchen (Dublin)Buy Tickets