April 2010 Holiday Ideas for all the Family - All Ages Covered with Dinosaurs, Gruffalos and Dungeons!
Easter may have passed by with no more than chocolate overload, but there are still a few days left to entertain the family out of the house, rather than loll about watching another episode of 'Murder She Wrote' or seeing your kids glued to another FaceSpace networking session.
If your very young kids demand entertaining than why not try a children's show? 'The Gruffalo' is a charming story playing across the country over the coming weeks, although currently appearing at Salford's Lowry venue for today and tomorrow (£11), before heading off to Woking from the 16th onward (and under a tenner). 'Peppa Pig' is throwing a party with chums in Glasgow's Kings Theatre today and tomorrow, before heading off to Buxton (10th and 11th), Telford (14th and 15th) and Blackpool (24th and 25th) - tickets are around £16.
Comedy 4 Kids
If you want your children to have a good old chuckle then 'Comedy 4 Kids' could be for them (and you) - there are two dates (10th and 24th April) at the Soho Theatre for £7.50. Further afield, 'The Little Big Club' will be touring the country with all your favourite characters (well, your kids' favourites) - Hastings is the next stop on Saturday (10th April), then Blackburn (11th) and two dates in Felixstowe (13th and 14th) - tickets are around £14.
Older kids will love 'War Horse' playing at the New London Theatre, London. Occasional loud bangs aside, the story is an exciting and charming tale of one man's devotion to his animal through war-time. Tickets start at £14.25 with performances right up until July.
There are plenty of days out ideas, other than shows. If you are in the capital, the Tower of London has tickets available for Thursday 15th, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th at £17.50 (£9.50 for 5 to 15 yrs, under 5s free) and there are some scary Dinosaurs Unleashed at Parklife (Oxford Street) for the family (£44) or individuals (£15.50 or less). There are London Eye tickets available this week at £17.50 (£9.50 for kids), the British Music Experience exhibition tickets at the O2 (£12) and admission to the glorious St Paul's Cathedral is £12 (tickets still available for Sat 10th for example).
Myths and Monsters
Finally, animal lovers can opt for London Zoo (£19.50 / £15.50), SeaLife Brighton (£14.50) and the excellent Myths and Monsters at Forest Hill's Horniman Museum, just £5!
You may also be interested in
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Thu 26th Jul 2018 Teletubbies LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Tue 31st Jul 2018 Dinosaurs in the WildBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 10th Mar 2018 George's Marvellous MedicineBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Thu 2nd Aug 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Wed 28th Feb 2018 Ice SkatingBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 FunboxBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 The Wind in the WillowsOld Fire Station (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 TiddlerBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 James Campbell, Glasgow International Comedy FestivalCitizens Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 to Sun 22nd Jul 2018 My First Day Out With ThomasBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 to Fri 13th Jul 2018 Madame TussaudsBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Mar 2018 to Tue 3rd Apr 2018 Alice in WonderlandBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Mar 2018 to Sun 17th Jun 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Apr 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 Guess How Much I Love YouBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 to Sun 15th Jul 2018 Milkshake! LiveBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Apr 2018 Comedy Club 4 KidsThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Apr 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 The Selfish GiantBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 The Sooty ShowTyne Theatre and Opera House (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 Geronimo FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Fri 3rd Aug 2018 What the Ladybird HeardBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 to Thu 2nd Aug 2018 We're Going on a Bear HuntBuy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 to Sat 21st Jul 2018 The Battle Proms Concert, New English Concert OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 to Fri 3rd Aug 2018 Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 to Fri 3rd Aug 2018 The Scarecrows' WeddingBuy Tickets