April 2010 Holiday Ideas for all the Family - All Ages Covered with Dinosaurs, Gruffalos and Dungeons!
Easter may have passed by with no more than chocolate overload, but there are still a few days left to entertain the family out of the house, rather than loll about watching another episode of 'Murder She Wrote' or seeing your kids glued to another FaceSpace networking session.
If your very young kids demand entertaining than why not try a children's show? 'The Gruffalo' is a charming story playing across the country over the coming weeks, although currently appearing at Salford's Lowry venue for today and tomorrow (£11), before heading off to Woking from the 16th onward (and under a tenner). 'Peppa Pig' is throwing a party with chums in Glasgow's Kings Theatre today and tomorrow, before heading off to Buxton (10th and 11th), Telford (14th and 15th) and Blackpool (24th and 25th) - tickets are around £16.
Comedy 4 Kids
If you want your children to have a good old chuckle then 'Comedy 4 Kids' could be for them (and you) - there are two dates (10th and 24th April) at the Soho Theatre for £7.50. Further afield, 'The Little Big Club' will be touring the country with all your favourite characters (well, your kids' favourites) - Hastings is the next stop on Saturday (10th April), then Blackburn (11th) and two dates in Felixstowe (13th and 14th) - tickets are around £14.
Older kids will love 'War Horse' playing at the New London Theatre, London. Occasional loud bangs aside, the story is an exciting and charming tale of one man's devotion to his animal through war-time. Tickets start at £14.25 with performances right up until July.
There are plenty of days out ideas, other than shows. If you are in the capital, the Tower of London has tickets available for Thursday 15th, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th at £17.50 (£9.50 for 5 to 15 yrs, under 5s free) and there are some scary Dinosaurs Unleashed at Parklife (Oxford Street) for the family (£44) or individuals (£15.50 or less). There are London Eye tickets available this week at £17.50 (£9.50 for kids), the British Music Experience exhibition tickets at the O2 (£12) and admission to the glorious St Paul's Cathedral is £12 (tickets still available for Sat 10th for example).
Myths and Monsters
Finally, animal lovers can opt for London Zoo (£19.50 / £15.50), SeaLife Brighton (£14.50) and the excellent Myths and Monsters at Forest Hill's Horniman Museum, just £5!
You may also be interested in
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 The Scarecrows' WeddingBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 What the Ladybird HeardBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 We're Going on a Bear HuntBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Dinosaur World LiveBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 The Tiger Who Came To TeaBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sat 29th Sep 2018 Aliens Love UnderpantsBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Tue 4th Sep 2018 Luna KidsBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 Ice SkatingBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Dinosaurs in the WildBuy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 My First Day Out With ThomasBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 PAW Patrol Live: The Great Pirate AdventureBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 Morgan and West's Utterly Spiffing Spectacular Magic Show Fo...Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 Teletubbies LiveBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th Aug 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 TiddlerBuy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 FunboxBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Mon 27th Aug 2018 Dragon SlayerBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 BBC Proms in the ParkHyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Wed 10th Oct 2018 Guess How Much I Love YouBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Madame TussaudsBuy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 Stick ManBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 Alice in WonderlandCygnet Theatre (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Snow QueenBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Kidtropolis - The UK's Best Kid's EventBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 Children are StinkyThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 The Gruffalo's ChildBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Tue 11th Dec 2018 Room on the BroomBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 Santa Claus and the Magical Christmas JourneyTime And Leisure Studio (Wimbledon)Buy Tickets