Kenwood 2010 Mixes the Right Musical Ingredients for Intriguing Summer Concert Series
Once again, Kenwood House on London's Hampstead Heath will stage a cluster of top-notch outdoor concerts during the summer (that'll be the summer with the alleged fore-cast heat-wave, then). The location couldn't be better - a huge listed mansion in the relative peace and quiet of London's park-life and a batch of quality concerts in July and August.
All tickets go on sale at 9am on Tuesday 6th April priced at £29.50 upwards.
First to the stage is Canadian-American songwriter and show-man, Rufus Wainwright. He will deliver a welter of his own catalogue as well as some Judy Garland-goodness on Sat 3rd July. Wainwright will also embark on a UK tour during April - these are available to buy now - as well as overseeing the release of his new album 'All Days Are Nights:Songs For Lulu' on 5th April.
Another Canadian talent Diana Krall is next to appear, this time on the 10th. A leading voice on the jazz and easy-listening circuit for nearly two decades, Krall has won a few Grammys and sung with Tony Bennett as well as achieving Platinum sales for pretty much her entire output.
Will Young will be wheeling out his considerable range of hits (from new-ish album 'The Hits') on the 17th - ever since his first hit 'Evergreen', he has barely been out of the charts, a fact that will surely help sell out this concert.
The compact and bijou jazz-pianist and performer Jamie Cullum will highlight his favourite career-moments as well as extracts from his latest album 'The Pursuit' on 14th August - don't be fooled into thinking this will be anything less than another vibrant performance from the man who wowed Glastonbury crowds a few years back.
The remaining Saturdays - 31st July, 7th and 21st Aug - are yet to be fully confirmed although the 7th sees Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' performed by formidable young violinist Diana Yukawa and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and the 21st will be the 'Last Night of the Kenwood Proms' including a classical programme and a firework finale, starring Wynne Evans and Faryl Smith - quite a spectacular evening.
You may be interested in
- Thu 31st Jan 2019 Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Alfie BoeSt James' Church (Piccadilly)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Love Supreme Festival, Jamie CullumGlynde Place (Lewes)Buy Tickets