Freebass Project Steers Hook, Rourke and Mani to London and Manchester for June 2010 Gigs
What a twelve months it's been for Peter Hook - the book, the venue, the compilation and now it's back to the basics of wielding the bass and making new music. He has co-formed the band-cum-project Freebass with Mani (ex-Stone Roses) and Andy Rourke (ex-Smiths) and will feature three bassists (see what they did there?) along with Paul Kehoe on drums and Gary Briggs on vocals (Briggs was in the much over-looked soft-pop band Haven).
Initially it was rumoured the collective would have played together before now but there was the small matter of getting FAC 251 off the ground first, although the idea behind the band came about a few years ago with the recording of a theme for Channel 4 Radio programme, The Tube in 2006. An album is expected later on in 2010 with numerous guest vocals.
Meanwhile the band has announced two eagerly-awaited gigs in London and Manchester in June. The first is at the historic 100 Club in London's Oxford Street on 1st June while the second is unsurprisingly at FAC 251, Charles Street in Manchester on the 2nd [we're told it is definitely 2nd, even though the Factory site has 3rd - Ed].
Tickets for the London date go on sale at 9am tomorrow (26th) priced at £12.50 and I imagine these will fly out. The Freebass FAC 251 tickets will be available from the Factory website: www.factorymanchester.com or try calling them as the site has no tickets listed currently: 0161 27 27 251.
There may well be some special guests as well but don't expect endless covers of New Order or Joy Division songs all night - this is a band committed to performing new tracks and writing new songs. Check out their My Space page (www.myspace.com/freebassuk) to hear sample tracks.
You may be interested in
- Mon 23rd Apr 2018 Peter Hook: Substance AlbumsOld Fire Station (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 Peter Hook: Substance AlbumsTrades Club (Hebden Bridge)More Info..
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen, Peter Hook, The Jesus and Mary Chain: Skyline SeriesSt Philip's Gate (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Infest, Peter HookBradford University Students Union (Bradford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Inner City Live: Happy Mondays, Peter HookZebedee's Yard (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Happy Mondays, The Lightning Seeds, Feeder, ...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicO2 ABC (Glasgow)Buy Tickets