Waterloo's Eurostar terminal revived for Summer 2010 performances of The Railway Children
The train now arrived at platform 1 stars in the railway children.
Kids love trains. Fact. So do some adults, except the ones who have to travel on them with other adults. The chances, however, of actually catching a train that runs to time is rarer than a snake's knuckles - until now, that is. Waterloo Station is bringing a service that can't fail to be punctual, even during the height of summer.
'The Railway Children' is one of the most-loved family stories ever written. As a book, a TV series and as a film, the story about a group of young friends who are moved to a house next to the railway after their father is imprisoned, wrongly, for supplying state secrets to the 'other side' seemed to hit home and it has been a success with generations for over a century.
Now you can see it being portrayed on a new kind of stage - the old Eurostar terminal in Waterloo Station from 4th July until 5th September. The audience are seated either side of a real moving set in the form of platforms, a station and a train on real tracks. The production has already played at the National Railway Museum in York to huge acclaim, as well as providing awareness and a cut of the ticket sales to the children's welfare-charity, Railway Children.
This is a truly unique and enjoyable set-up and tickets are available now priced at £19.50 upwards, with premier seats costing £59.50 (plus fees). Curly sandwiches and gum on the seats not included.
In addition to the production above, there is also a musical version coming to Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion in December (2nd to 5th). Tickets are priced at £13.50 for what is also bound to be another enchanting evening.
You may be interested in
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Sat 18th Aug 2018 War HorseBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Thu 6th Sep 2018 Matilda the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 Gangsta GrannyBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Thu 6th Sep 2018 Disney presents AladdinBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Wed 5th Sep 2018 Disney Presents the Lion KingBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 to Sun 15th Jul 2018 Circus WonderlandBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Sat 25th Aug 2018 Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [ballet]Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 ShakespearienceBuy Tickets
- Thu 28th Jun 2018 to Wed 5th Sep 2018 Dinosaur World LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 and Sat 7th Jul 2018 ANiMALCOLMBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Jul 2018 to Sat 11th Aug 2018 Metta's The Little Mermaid - The Circus SensationBuy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 to Sun 29th Jul 2018 The Amazing Bubble ManBuy Tickets
- Wed 1st Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 What the Ladybird HeardBuy Tickets
- Wed 1st Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 The Magic CavernBuy Tickets
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Cirque du Soleil - OvoBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Horrible HistoriesApollo Theatre - Shaftesbury Avenue (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Sep 2018 and Thu 6th Sep 2018 Cirque du Soleil - Ovo, Cirque du SoleilBuy Tickets