Purr-Fection In Motion - Cabaret Showgirl Meow Meow is up to Scratch at Spring 2010 Soho Residency
You know us, right? Always willing to share something a little bit different gig-wise, other than Jedward's forthcoming tour of job-centres or Lady GaGa singing the hits of Chas and Dave whilst bungee-jumping off a bus (we can but hope, I guess), but how about an Australian cabaret sensation called Meow Meow? I'm not referring to the ropey drug made from Ajax and sea-salt, but the showgirl with a difference who has taken residency at the Soho Theatre, London for a month.
Meow Meow is a sexy and hilarious mix of exotica and kitsch, in the best possible taste of course, who performs tragic torch songs, 30s showtunes and Gallic-pop tunes with a certain degree of irony, humour and up-front bravado - in a basque. Well, you have to don't you? Her month-long reign at the Soho Theatre lasts from tonight (19th) until April 10th and with a few nights already sold out, you're going to have move fast to see this pussy-cat in action. Tickets cost just £10.
She has already sold out several seasons in Sydney and San Francisco - and will no doubt make it 3 S's in a row with Soho. The glamourous diva has also appeared at David Bowie's New York High-Line Festival and appeared at the Carnegie Hall.
Meow Meow is accompanied by the Emmy-winning pianist, Lance Horne, as well as her own brand of glitz and glamour.
You may be interested in
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 Club SwizzleBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 The Chocolate MenBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sat 29th Sep 2018 Twisted CircusBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Saturday Comedy Cabaret: King's Head Comedy Variety CabaretBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sat 29th Sep 2018 The Black Cat Cabaret: BohemiaBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 to Sat 20th Jul 2019 The DreamboysBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Puppetry of the PenisBuy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 and Wed 31st Oct 2018 The Dresden DollsBuy Tickets