Hampton Court Palace Festival Reveals A'maze'ing Line Up for 2010: Simply Red, Jackson Browne, Jools Holland and more
If your idea of a festival is all muddy fields, discarded herbal cigarettes and toilets piled high with last night's ostrich curry, why not consider the jewel in South-West London's festival calendar?
Hampton Court Palace Festival
The annual Hampton Court Festival (not to be confused with its sister bash, the Hampton Jazz and Beer Festival), is a series of concerts featuring the very best music for the discerning fan.
All tickets for the events are on sale from Monday 22nd March at 9am.
This year's proceedings begin with a rare gig by US singer-songwriting legend Jackson Browne on June 8th. His tortured MOR-soul and folk hybrid has delighted mainly US audiences over the years, but he has a special place in UK hearts as well. Hit albums were the name of the game in the 70s and 80s with his biggest being 'The Pretender', 'Running on Empty' and 'Lawyers in Love'. His last studio album surprised many by reaching the Top 20 in the US Billboard Chart - no doubt songs from 'Time the Conqueror' will form part of his set, as well as excerpts from his 2010 live album, 'Love is Strange' due in May. £59 for tickets.
The remaining line-up is no less impressive - Jools Holland and his special tour guest Alison Moyet play on June 11th (£45 - also featuring Ruby Turner), the blues-man and ivory-tinkling wizard is already playing an extensive UK tour. On the 12th, there will be a Classical Music and Firework Spectacular with the beautiful violinist Nicola Benedetti playing Bruch's 'Violin Concerto' and Simon Wright's RPO performing Beethoven's 5th. Fireworks round-off the evening in style and all for £42.50.
Simply Red take a break from 'holding back the years' on their Forest tour with a date in the Court for two dates, June 15th and 16th. Tickets are £65 and you can bet they will (or certainly should) play a couple of tracks from the 'Picture Book' album, their debut from 25 years ago. Booming balladeer Michael Bolton appears on June 17th - the Grammy-award collecting star will perform many greatest hits for £55 in a rare UK concert.
Finally classical (and now pop) singer Katherine Jenkins appears on the 18th (£65) - the Welsh beauty will mix contemporary and traditional for the evening - while show-stopper Michael Ball entertains the masses on the 19th (£55) with a final fireworks display afterwards.
Update: Van Morrison and Gipsy Kings Added!
Added to the 2010 line-up is Irish crooner and festival fave Van Morrison, who will appear on the 10th June, with France's Gipsy Kings (what do you mean you thought they were from South America?) playing the beautiful palace grounds the day before on 9th June.
Tickets for Van Morrison start at (sharp intake of breath) £75, with the Gipsy Kings date starting at a more pocket-friendly £55 - both + fees. All tickets on sale now.
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Paloma FaithHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Joe BonamassaHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Jools Holland and his Rhythm ...Hampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Beach BoysHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Beach BoysHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Gary BarlowHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Gary BarlowHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets