Walk on the Wyeside 2010 -June Festival to feature The Stranglers, The Animals and Friends, Bellowhead and more
Posted: 8th March 2010
As part of our service to you, and our crusade to highlight the best festivals up and down the length and breadth of the UK, we bring to you another interesting event happening near to the Welsh / English border, in the rather attractive city of Hereford (well, just a few miles outside in fact).
The Wyeside 2010 Festival will run from Friday June 18th to the 20th and features a pretty decent array of bands and artists. Tickets cost £54 for the adult weekenders (plus camping option) or £14 for a Friday ticket, £30 for a Saturday ticket and £19 for the Sunday tickets. Camper vans cost an extra £15. 11-17 year olds can get in for around half the adult price - bargain.
Headliners so far are punk-stalwarts The Stranglers, British rhythm and blues legends Animals (with Spencer Davis on support), Toxic Federation, folk-rockers Bellowhead and The Wurzels. But alongside these big boys playing on the main stages, there are dozens more playing on the Loud and Proud Stage including The Anomalies, Band Of Locals, Frantic and Envy Of The State and some 'non-mainstream' rock on the Epic Stage from Adust, Cypher 16 and Rupert Loves a Riot. Many more acts to be announced in the coming weeks.
Update: event date moved to August, band line-up amended
The 2010 has had to be moved to Friday 20th August and Saturday 21st August, with an alteration to the line-up. The Animals and Friends, Spencer Davis, Twenty Twenty, The Wurzels and Bellowhead will no longer be playing, but The Stranglers, esOterica, Mott the Hoople founder Verden Allen and Soft Ground will be - along with over fifty more bands. Friday tickets are only available on the day, but Saturday tickets are on-sale online now (check below), priced at £30 for adults, £18 for 11-17 year olds - plus booking fee.
- Fri 29th May 2020 The Stranglers Olympia Theatre (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th May 2020 The Stranglers The Telegraph Building (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Oct 2020 The Stranglers The Engine Shed/ Platform (university of Lincoln) (Lincoln) Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Oct 2020 Ruts DC, The Stranglers, Mike Peters Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Oct 2020 The Stranglers The Corn Exchange (Cambridge) Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Oct 2020 The Stranglers University of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich) Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Oct 2020 The Stranglers Brighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Oct 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Oct 2020 The Stranglers City Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Oval Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield) Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Oct 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Nov 2020 The Stranglers Guildhall (Portsmouth) Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Nov 2020 The Stranglers Rock City (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Nov 2020 The Stranglers Music Hall (Aberdeen) Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Nov 2020 The Stranglers Victoria Hall (Stoke-on-Trent) Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Nov 2020 The Stranglers De Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester) Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Leeds (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Apollo (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Nov 2020 The Stranglers G-Live (Guildford) Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Nov 2020 The Stranglers The Hexagon (Reading) Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2020 The Stranglers Cliffs Pavilion (Southend) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Nov 2020 The Stranglers O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets