Creatures of Love Set to Become Monsters of Dream-Pop with New 2010 Spring Tour and Festival Slot
Sometimes, as the old hick (and The Magic Numbers) saying goes, 'them thar's the breaks' and that can certainly be true of electro dream-popfolk duo (and sometimes, trio), Creatures of Love. Not heard of them? If yes then you will have admired their operatic, pulsating and feedback-washed performances in and around Camden and King's Cross, as well as salivating at the thought of a headlining date at the Bull and Gate (Kentish Town) on March 6th (Saturday) and the Dublin Castle (Camden) on April 14th. If no, put down that sandwich for a minute and read on.
You may also have picked up their new iTunes-vendored EP, nattily entitled 'Creatures Of Love' (also due on CD at some point) and spied a familiar name in amongst the writing credits, one Chris Willsher. He also goes under the name Temper Temper who we covered and reviewed last year. That project has been put on hold because this one, with vocalist Bonita McKinney, seems to have gained momentum of late with the announcement of a debut UK tour during late spring and a festival appearance in the summer.
The initial magnificent seven May gigs begin in Peterborough (The Solstice - 6th) then Eastbourne (Blue Bar - 7th), Brighton (Prince Albert - 8th), Southampton (Hamptons - 9th), Swindon (The Vic - 11th), Stoke (Brown Jug - 12th) and finally Manchester's Night and Day venue on the 13th. The duo (trio) will then return to their hometown for a special date at the Hoxton Underbelly on May 20th, a gig that is sure to have a few nosey PR scouts having a poke about. Tickets for the dates vary but mostly a tenner or less.
In addition to their tour, the duo (trio) will also cut their festival teeth in June at the Willowman Festival in Northallerton in North Yorkshire. The three-day event takes place during Summer Solstice weekend from 18th to 20th with CoL appearing on the 19th. Dreadzone, The Beat, Eat Static, Martin Stephenson and the Daintees and The Blockheads have been confirmed for the festival as well (we'll give you more details on this one when we get them).
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 and Tue 20th Nov 2018 Gary Numan, Skaparis OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 65daysofstatic: Decomposition Theory: CaveBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Sat 6th Apr 2019 HengeBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 Adult.Electrowerkz (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Friendly Fires, Justin RobertsonRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Friendly FiresBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Shikari Sound System: Anthem: DJ SetThe Engine Shed/ Platform (university of Lincoln) (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 Pop Will Eat ItselfBuy Tickets
- Tue 15th Jan 2019 and Wed 16th Jan 2019 In Conversation with: Gary Numan, Spoken WordBuy Tickets
- Thu 17th Jan 2019 William DoyleChats Palace Arts Centre (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 Lewes Psychedelic Festival, AK/DK, Speak Galactic, Swedish D...All Saints Arts Centre (Lewes)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Feb 2019 to Fri 22nd Feb 2019 The Joy FormidableBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Mar 2019 Ventenner, Cold in BerlinThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Apr 2019 to Sun 21st Apr 2019 Love from Stourbridge 2019: Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Pop Will Eat Itself, Miles HuntBuy Tickets