Seasick Steve and Newton Faulkner join Leftfield as headliners for The Relentless Boardmasters 2010
Posted: 3rd March 2010
Message boards, on line forums and good old fashion word of mouth have been buzzing since last week's announcement that 90's dance legends Leftfield are due to headline the Saturday night of this year's Relentless Boardmasters in association with Vans in Newquay on August 7.
To keep everyone's excitement levels to the max we can announce that on the Friday 6th August we bring you not one, but two headliners of the highest calibre to top off what will be an extraordinary weekend of live music in Cornwall.
Organisers are delighted to announce that the headliners for Friday 6 August will be Brit award nominated American blues man Seasick Steve and the chart topping, million selling, acoustic troubadour Newton Faulkner.
Seasick Steve is a man who needs no introduction and is no stranger to the event after he played a Relentless Beach Session back in 2007. Since then we have witnessed Steve become a household name and one of the hottest 'new' artists around, the result of being catapulted into the public consciousness following an electrifying performance on Jools Holland's Hootenanny.
So as if having the legendary Seasick as a headliner wasn't enough the main stage will be closed on 6 August by firm Cornish favourite, Newton Faulkner.
Faulkner has had a hugely successful past few months. With his already gold-selling second album Rebuilt By Humans debuting at number three in the official charts and storming straight in at the top spot on ITunes, and his biggest Mar/April tour already sold out.
Live, if you haven't already witnessed his genius you are in for a treat. Faulkner is a one man band with his inventive, tech-savvy ways of triggering and presenting some of the backing tracks which were crafted in the studio for these big, bold new songs which are guaranteed to be massive crowd pleasers on the Newquay cliff top.
Tickets will be available on general release Friday 5th March at 9.00am via the website, www.relentlessboardmasters.com and, with more than 30 bands per day across three stages (full line-up details to be announced in coming weeks), are without doubt the best value festival tickets money can buy.
Day tickets are just £35 while a weekend ticket is £60 or £80 with 2 nights of camping.
- Wed 5th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival, Skepta, mura masa, DJ EZ, Little Simz, Ocean Wisdom, Honey Dijon, Jeremy Loops Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival, Kings of Leon, Dizzee Rascal, Sam Fender, CamelPhat, Lianne La Havas, Basement Jaxx - DJ Set, Example, Palace Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival, The 1975, Loyle Carner, Damian Marley, Andy C, Mabel, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Aug 2020 Boardmasters Festival Watergate Bay (Newquay) Buy Tickets