Ian Brown has Some Unfinished Mancy Business - Warehouse Project All Dayer for June 2010
One of the North-West's most influential musicians returns to his yard for a special early-summer show, as well as a whole gaggle of top-notch acts from his own career and region. The event will run from 4.30pm until 11.30pm on June 11th at the Platt Fields Park, Fallowfield in South Manchester (nearest rail, Levenshulme) and tickets will be on sale tomorrow, Thursday 4th March at 9am, priced at £25 for strictly limited Early Birds or £28.50 for standard ones.
Brown's legacy has already been well-mapped out in the annals of UK music history - Stone Roses front-man, solo success throughout and numerous sell-out tours, the bloke talks the talk and swaggers the swagger with some justification. His recent 'My Way' album was a return to form, heightened by the excellent 'Stellify' single released in 2009. His entire catalogue will remain relevant all the way - go and see why.
You'll have noticed that the event starts in the late afternoon - well, he's not playing for 6 hours is he? It's time to real in some impressive support to make it a real show. It's like a who's who of Manchester nightlife. UNKLE aren't actually from Manchester itself (main-man James Lavelle is from Oxford) but they have collaborated on several Brown songs over the course of the last decade so it's fitting they have pride of place on the bill. New album in May, by the way!
Bad Lieutenant most definitely are from the local area, although ex-New Order frontman Bernard Sumner hails from Salford and ex-New Order drummer Steven Morris originates from Macclesfield. Their recent album has slowly gathered pleasing reviews, but it's their live sets that have been anything but predictable. 'Twist Of Fate' has recently been issued as a single and they have recently performed with Pet Shop Boys. Another ex-New Order musician, Peter Hook, will also be Djing during the day, though probably not with Bad Lieutenant in front of him (but never say never, I always say).
Two further bands I recommend that you see are The Whip and A Certain Ratio. The former have a tough electro-rock sound and have also previously worked with Editors, Paul Hartnoll (Orbital) and Sons and Daughters as well as chalking up a Top 40 album chart-placing in 2008 with their own 'X Marks Destination'. Regular readers of this site will raise their eyes to heaven at me raving about A Certain Ratio yet again, but I really can't recommend them enough and as a live force they are unrivalled, quite frankly. Just get there earlier, get down the front, take a whistle and wiggle your arse to 'Do The Du', 'Shack Up' and a bit of Brazilian influence mixed in with all that funk!
Excellent bill from Warehouse Project - good luck in the morning with the tickets! 9am sharp!
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Fever RayAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 Young FathersO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 Blancmange: Unfurnished RoomsBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 LTJ BukemBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 JuicyBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 to Sat 28th Apr 2018 FunkademiaBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Mar 2018 Doctors Of MadnessManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Mar 2018 Andy C, The Warehouse ProjectAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Mar 2018 DJ KrushBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 and Sun 1st Apr 2018 Steven WilsonBuy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 The Stranglers, Therapy?O2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 SpaceThe Ruby Lounge (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 EmbraceO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 and Fri 27th Apr 2018 Horse Meat DiscoBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Apr 2018 and Mon 2nd Apr 2018 HardwellBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Apr 2018 Amine Edge & DanceGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Apr 2018 Walk the MoonO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 The SouthManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 The Wonder Stuff, Ned's Atomic DustbinO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Apr 2018 Snapped AnklesThe Night and Day Cafe (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 DreadzoneBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 ShameGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 Floating Points, ZutekhGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Apr 2018 Heather SmallManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd May 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 Gary Barlow, KT TunstallBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Baxter Dury: Who Built The Moon?Manchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 The MembranesO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 Wreckless EricGullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th May 2018 Norman JayBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th May 2018 Chad ValleyThe Castle Hotel (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 SwervedriverBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 Krafty Kuts, Chali 2naManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 The Clone Roses, Clint BoonWaterside Arts Centre (Sale)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 Darren EmersonBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 Cabbage, The Blinders, PINS, The Rhythm Method: Glamour at Thee RitzO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 Connie's 5: Phuture, DJ Chad Jackson, Justin RobertsonGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 Dave Haslam: Sonic Youth Slept on My FloorGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 Thom Yorke, Oliver CoatesPalace Theatre (Manchester)On SaleFri 23rd Marat 10am