Ian Brown has Some Unfinished Mancy Business - Warehouse Project All Dayer for June 2010
One of the North-West's most influential musicians returns to his yard for a special early-summer show, as well as a whole gaggle of top-notch acts from his own career and region. The event will run from 4.30pm until 11.30pm on June 11th at the Platt Fields Park, Fallowfield in South Manchester (nearest rail, Levenshulme) and tickets will be on sale tomorrow, Thursday 4th March at 9am, priced at £25 for strictly limited Early Birds or £28.50 for standard ones.
Brown's legacy has already been well-mapped out in the annals of UK music history - Stone Roses front-man, solo success throughout and numerous sell-out tours, the bloke talks the talk and swaggers the swagger with some justification. His recent 'My Way' album was a return to form, heightened by the excellent 'Stellify' single released in 2009. His entire catalogue will remain relevant all the way - go and see why.
You'll have noticed that the event starts in the late afternoon - well, he's not playing for 6 hours is he? It's time to real in some impressive support to make it a real show. It's like a who's who of Manchester nightlife. UNKLE aren't actually from Manchester itself (main-man James Lavelle is from Oxford) but they have collaborated on several Brown songs over the course of the last decade so it's fitting they have pride of place on the bill. New album in May, by the way!
Bad Lieutenant most definitely are from the local area, although ex-New Order frontman Bernard Sumner hails from Salford and ex-New Order drummer Steven Morris originates from Macclesfield. Their recent album has slowly gathered pleasing reviews, but it's their live sets that have been anything but predictable. 'Twist Of Fate' has recently been issued as a single and they have recently performed with Pet Shop Boys. Another ex-New Order musician, Peter Hook, will also be Djing during the day, though probably not with Bad Lieutenant in front of him (but never say never, I always say).
Two further bands I recommend that you see are The Whip and A Certain Ratio. The former have a tough electro-rock sound and have also previously worked with Editors, Paul Hartnoll (Orbital) and Sons and Daughters as well as chalking up a Top 40 album chart-placing in 2008 with their own 'X Marks Destination'. Regular readers of this site will raise their eyes to heaven at me raving about A Certain Ratio yet again, but I really can't recommend them enough and as a live force they are unrivalled, quite frankly. Just get there earlier, get down the front, take a whistle and wiggle your arse to 'Do The Du', 'Shack Up' and a bit of Brazilian influence mixed in with all that funk!
Excellent bill from Warehouse Project - good luck in the morning with the tickets! 9am sharp!
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Certain RatioGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 Noel Gallagher's High Flying BirdsO2 Ritz (Manchester)More Info..
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 to Sat 25th Aug 2018 FunkademiaBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Clint BoonSouth (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Jul 2018 Manchester Jazz Festival, Yazz AhmedAlbert Square (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 London Astrobeat OrchestraBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Horse Meat DiscoGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Yawning ManRebellion (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Aug 2018 The KutThe Bread Shed (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 5th Aug 2018 CowtownSoup Kitchen (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Aug 2018 Derrick CarterThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Liam Gallagher, Bugzy Malone, Twisted WheelEmirates Old Trafford (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Ozomatli, Chali 2na: Worldwide Block PartyGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 Rüfüs Du Sol [aus]Manchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 DJ Craig CharlesBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 HomoElectricHidden Manchester (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Manchester Psych Fest, Honeyblood, Josefin Öhrn, AK/DK,...Various Manchester Venues (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 and Fri 7th Sep 2018 Arctic Monkeys, The Lemon TwigsBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 Shaun RyderO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Sep 2018 Albert Hammond JrManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 INK.Manchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 SextileSoup Kitchen (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 8th Oct 2018 Mark LaneganRoyal Northern College of Music (RNCM) (Manchester)Buy Tickets