Ignorant is Bliss - Steve Ignorant's Crass Last Supper in September 2010
One of the big announcements this week, apart from the BBC's deplorable decision to scrap 6Music, a station that wouldn't have existed without many of the below acts, is that Steve Ignorant from Crass will be playing a limited number of special gigs later this year, starting with the Bristol Academy on Sep 24th and continuing to Birmingham (25th), Manchester (Oct 1st) and Edinburgh (2nd) before crossing the borders of Europe, Japan and USA - then he's due back in London during 2011 (date TBC - we'll let you know, of course).
This quartet of gigs sub-titled 'The Last Supper' will feature a full band performance of Crass gems from 1977 to 1982, a time when Ignorant felt the band were at their most pivotal and important. It is also a swansong of sorts, Ignorant claiming this to be 'a door firmly closed'. The relevance of Crass seems evermore clearer these days - just look at the titles of their key songs such as 'Do They Owe Us A Living?', 'How Does It Feel? (To Be The Mother of a Thousand Dead)' and 'Big A Little A'. How times don't change. Tickets are around £15.
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Steve IgnorantThe Con Club (Lewes)Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Apr 2019 Interrobang, Steve Ignorant, HeadsticksBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Apr 2019 Interrobang, Steve Ignorant, HeadsticksThe Rigger (Newcastle-under-Lyme)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Apr 2019 Headsticks, Interrobang, Steve IgnorantThe Maze - Forest Tavern (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 Steve IgnorantOld Cinema Launderette (Durham)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 18th Jan 2019 to Fri 19th Apr 2019 ConflictBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Apr 2019 Scotland Calling, The Exploited, Slaughter and the Dogs, Mac...O2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 North West Calling, Slaughter and the Dogs, UK Subs, Anti-No...O2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets