Fat Friday - 19th Feb 2010 - Tickets: Wireless, Hard Rock Calling 2010, JLS, Peter Andre and Jay-Z in the Mix
Posted: 18th February 2010
The standard of Friday ticket-sales doesn't seem to be waning, despite the biting recession (yes it is still on, ignore the government spin). In short, people still love a bit of live action and I don't mean a discounted evening at Spearmint Rhino or the Chippendales. We're talking music primarily and this week, there are festivals and pop-acts a go-go as well as a few one-offs here and there. So, settle down at your table and allow me to plate up your feast.
Kings Of Leon Festivals this week first of all and the biggie surely has to be Kings Of Leon's appearance at the Hard Rock Calling event at Hyde Park on June 30th. It's the first KOL gig since last year's testy Reading and triumphant Leeds sets in the summer 2009 and with new material on the horizon, as well as a pile of massive albums behind them, these tickets are like hot bagels. Damn, that's made me hungry.
Jay-Z Moving on to another large gathering in Hyde Park a few days later, and Jay-Z gets all 'Blueprint' on our ass with a date at this year's Wireless Festival on July 4th. After wowing the crowds at the BRITS this week with his collaboration with Alicia Keys (also appearing in the UK later this year), the successful rapper's album sales will have no doubt shot through the roof by now. 'Blueprint 3', his latest, has been his most successful UK release to date - not a patch on the nine number one albums he's had in the States though.
JLS Now then pop fans, gather round because have we got a couple of beauties for you (stop giggling at the back). Firstly JLS, who stormed the BRITS by turning up to perform suspended by their nipples and knee-caps (wishful thinking - 'that's enough' - Ed). They have tickets for their Dec 23rd (Wembley Arena) and Jan 4th 2011 up for grabs today, as well as their new single 'One Shot' due for release on Monday (Feb 22nd).
Peter Andre Fresh from seeing sense and sorting his wife out, Peter Andre will once again hit the road in December for a series of dates promoting his new album 'Unconditional Love Songs', released recently. He starts his jaunt in Bournemouth on the 2nd and continues until the 19th when he will play in Manchester at the MEN arena. His recent UK tour has been pretty much a sell-out in some venues - better be quick then!
CHEW LiPS Back to reality now and a few extras and one-offs from much-touted and established acts alike. CHEW LiPS have added Sheffield and London dates to their dozen or so gigs already on sale (most are a tenner or under). The electro-pop duo has recently released their debut album, 'Unicorn' to critical acclaim - another success on the eclectic Kitsune label. The new nights are on April 26th at Sheffield's O2 Academy and the 30th at London's Cargo - I warn you now, the latter will sell out very quickly.
The Maccabees NME Shockwaves darlings, The Maccabees, have announced a lone Liverpool date at the city's O2 Academy venue with tickets priced at £17.50. The lads have had a crazy, successful year since the Top 20 success of the album 'Wall Of Arms' and hit single 'Love You Better' so should be a good date.
Example Next, we mentioned a certain Elliot Gleave hitting the road during May and four of those dates go on sale on Friday - Bristol (18th), Manchester (19th), London (20th) and Birmingham (21st). Otherwise known as Example, his rise to cross-over status is surely a cough away so this might be a good time to catch him.
Coheed and Cambria Lastly, one-off of the week has to be Coheed and Cambria's Kentish Town HMV Forum date in June. Ticket prices are reasonable at £17.50 as well. It looks like a busy year for the progressive-rockers from New York - a new album and book, part of the band's ongoing Amory Wars novels, gets released during April. We'll cover this release nearer to the date.
- Sun 28th Jun 2020 Peter Andre Clapham Grand (Clapham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Jul 2020 Wireless Festival Finsbury Park (Islington) Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Jul 2020 Wireless Festival Finsbury Park (Islington) Buy Tickets
- Sun 5th Jul 2020 Wireless Festival Finsbury Park (Islington) Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Jul 2020 Tony Hadley, Peter Andre, Boyzlife, S Club, Odyssey, Absolute Bowie, Björn Again, Rylan Clark Maldon Promenade Park (Maldon) Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Aug 2020 Galvanize Fest, Example SWG3/ Galvanizers (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2020 Creamfields, Deadmau5, The Chainsmokers, Oliver Heldens, Jonas Blue, Eric Prydz, Adam Beyer, Example, Leon Vynehall, Timmy Trumpet, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping, Richy Ahmed, Andy C, Randall, Mauro Picotto, Sander van Doorn, Gareth Emery Daresbury Estate (Warrington) Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th Sep 2020 Sundown Festival, Loyle Carner, Bugzy Malone, Ray BLK, Becky Hill, Example, JayKae, Low Steppa, Camo & Krooked, Randall Norfolk Showground (Norwich) Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Nov 2020 JLS SSE Arena Belfast (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Nov 2020 JLS : Beat Again 3arena (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Nov 2020 JLS SSE Arena Belfast (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Nov 2020 JLS : Beat Again Brighton Centre (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Nov 2020 JLS Bournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Nov 2020 JLS Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2020 JLS Manchester Arena (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Nov 2020 JLS : Beat Again FlyDSA Sheffield Arena (Sheffield) Buy Tickets