Fat Friday Feb 12th 2010 - Tickets: Bon Jovi, Deadmau5, Katie Melua, Shaky and Funnyman Bishop
Posted: 11th February 2010
At first glance, today's snack-bar of Fat Friday goodness didn't look too interesting - but peel back the wrapper and take a big bite and well, there are some interesting flavours to savour. All go on sale at 9am (unless stated otherwise).
Bon Jovi It seems like no more than 5 minutes since we last mentioned our friend Jon Bon Jovi and his Bon cohorts, so not surprisingly he features again with yet more tickets on sale for upcoming additional Wembley dates, this time on June 25th and 26th. They certainly give Fat Friday a good name - hey, that sounds like a possible song title! £45 will get you in to see them and support act Kid Rock. Scouse stand-up John Bishop has added more dates to his winter jaunt - his Wembley (Dec 14th), Manchester (15th) and Liverpool (17th) are on sale this very day as well.
Deadmau5 King of the not-so-cheesy beats Deadmau5 [a mouse that doesn't like cheese - Ed] is set to play Dublin's Olympia Theatre (€39.20) on May 7th to round off his successful solo tour of the UK. He then crosses the border North to Belfast's lovely Giants Park as support for Fatboy Slim on the 8th for £43.25 and other special guests.
Chemical Brothers Sticking with dance music, the national treasures of break-beats and electro, Chemical Brothers return to London, this time at the Chalk Farm venue, the Roundhouse for two dates on May 20th and 21st. £30 and you may just get some new material to follow up the mixed bag of nails that was, 'We Are The Night'. Their live shows are legendary - pumpingly loud and loads of crazy strobes - gotta be a winner.
Forestry Commission Live Music 2010
It seems that your weekend rambles in the countryside during the coming summer months, could result in you investigating where all that noise is coming from! Forest gigs seem to be on the increase so how long will it be before bands end up strapping waders and gaiters on and playing in the middle of a lake? Might be a bugger when you flick the amp switch to 'on' though. Shocking... anyway, Debbie Harry and Blondie will be appearing at the Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire on June 20th while easy listening pixie, Katie Melua will toss her curly locks and trill to the birds in Thetford Forest on July 10th. Tickets for both are £33 and don't forget that the proceeds go to making your green spaces that mush nicer.
The Big Pink An array of indie warriors have their new tours on sale on Friday, the pick of the bunch has to be tickets from The Big Pink and The Futureheads. The former have been playing the NME Shockwaves Tour and this is their new head-liner season, starting in Oxford on the 7th and ending in London on the 13th. Lots of tasty tenner tickets as well! The Futureheads begin their magnificent 7 gigs in Nottingham on Apr 27th and finish up in Portsmouth on May 12th. Tickets cost around £12.50. The band are also taking part in the Haiti Fundraiser at the Roundhouse on Feb 25th (tickets available only from www.haitiearthquakefundraiser.com - £40).
Idlewild I'll also just say the word Idlewild - much under-rated and real song-smiths. They play a huge tour starting in March (until May!) and have included a London night at the HMV Forum on Apr 16th - £16.50 is a reasonable price for a worthy band.
Renegades Recently formed, Renegades is two thirds Feeder, one third Ben's Brother, featuring Feeder string players Grant Nicholas and Taka Hirose along with Karl Brazil undertaking percussive duty. The band had their debut live performances over the last two weeks, with limited tickets on sale directly through their website. The trio have now announced UK dates in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff (yes, boyo!), Portsmouth and London! Tickets will cost £18.50 for Portsmouth, £22 for London + booking fee, on sale at 9AM, with the ticket price including a "Renegades 2" EP featuring four tracks and a video (to be collected from the venue). All other dates on sale Monday 15th Feb at 9AM.
Shakin' Stevens Finally, we have a legend in his own denim, a man whose bendy legs caused hysteria amongst the ironing set back in the 80s whilst notching up massive single sales in the process and putting the quiff back into Cardiff. Take a bow - Shakin' Stevens. Since his debut album in 1970 (with The Sunsets), he has had four number 1 singles (in the 80s) and three top 3 albums. 'Green Door', 'Oh Julie', 'You Drive Me Crazy', 'Merry Christmas Everyone' and that scourge of estate-agents and 'Homes Under The Hammer' viewers everywhere, 'This Ole House'. He's back for four dates in October, including Norwich (14th), Bournemouth (17th), Oxford (23rd) and London's Shepherd's Bush Empire (24th). Tickets cost around £22.50 for a bit of 'Shaky' - easy, ladies.
- Tue 25th Feb 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up G-Live (Guildford) Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Feb 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up G-Live (Guildford) Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Feb 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up G-Live (Guildford) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Feb 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up City Hall (Salisbury) Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up The Royal and Derngate Theatre (Northampton) Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Rose Theatre (Kingston upon Thames) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up New Wimbledon Theatre (Wimbledon) Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Colosseum (Watford) Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up The Anvil/ The Forge (Basingstoke) Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Mar 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Middlesbrough Town Hall/ The Crypt (Middlesbrough) Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Mar 2020 John Bishop Royal Albert Hall (Kensington) Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st Apr 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Theatre Royal (Windsor) Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd Apr 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Theatre Royal (Windsor) Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Apr 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up Dorking Halls (Dorking) Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th May 2020 John Bishop : Warm-up The Hexagon (Reading) Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th May 2020 John Bishop The Swan Theatre / High Wycombe Town Hall (High Wycombe) Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Rag N Bone Man Westonbirt Arboretum (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jun 2020 Forest Live, James Morrison, Will Young Westonbirt Arboretum (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Bedgebury Pinetum (Cranbrook) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Isle of Wight Festival, Snow Patrol, Chemical Brothers, Sam Fender, James Arthur, Kaiser Chiefs Seaclose Park (Newport [Isle of Wight]) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Forest Live Bedgebury Pinetum (Cranbrook) Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jun 2020 Forest Live, James Morrison, Will Young Bedgebury Pinetum (Cranbrook) Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Westonbirt Arboretum (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Jun 2020 John Bishop Marquee (Cork) Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Confidence Man Thetford Forest (Suffolk) Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Jun 2020 John Bishop Marquee (Cork) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jun 2020 Forest Live, James Morrison, Will Young Thetford Forest (Suffolk) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Confidence Man Cannock Birches Forest (Stafford) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jun 2020 Forest Live, Keane Cannock Birches Forest (Stafford) Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jun 2020 Forest Live, James Morrison, Will Young Cannock Birches Forest (Stafford) Buy Tickets