Fat Friday Feb 12th 2010 - Tickets: Bon Jovi, Deadmau5, Katie Melua, Shaky and Funnyman Bishop
Posted: 11th February 2010
At first glance, today's snack-bar of Fat Friday goodness didn't look too interesting - but peel back the wrapper and take a big bite and well, there are some interesting flavours to savour. All go on sale at 9am (unless stated otherwise).
Bon Jovi It seems like no more than 5 minutes since we last mentioned our friend Jon Bon Jovi and his Bon cohorts, so not surprisingly he features again with yet more tickets on sale for upcoming additional Wembley dates, this time on June 25th and 26th. They certainly give Fat Friday a good name - hey, that sounds like a possible song title! £45 will get you in to see them and support act Kid Rock. Scouse stand-up John Bishop has added more dates to his winter jaunt - his Wembley (Dec 14th), Manchester (15th) and Liverpool (17th) are on sale this very day as well.
Deadmau5 King of the not-so-cheesy beats Deadmau5 [a mouse that doesn't like cheese - Ed] is set to play Dublin's Olympia Theatre (€39.20) on May 7th to round off his successful solo tour of the UK. He then crosses the border North to Belfast's lovely Giants Park as support for Fatboy Slim on the 8th for £43.25 and other special guests.
Chemical Brothers Sticking with dance music, the national treasures of break-beats and electro, Chemical Brothers return to London, this time at the Chalk Farm venue, the Roundhouse for two dates on May 20th and 21st. £30 and you may just get some new material to follow up the mixed bag of nails that was, 'We Are The Night'. Their live shows are legendary - pumpingly loud and loads of crazy strobes - gotta be a winner.
Forestry Commission Live Music 2010
It seems that your weekend rambles in the countryside during the coming summer months, could result in you investigating where all that noise is coming from! Forest gigs seem to be on the increase so how long will it be before bands end up strapping waders and gaiters on and playing in the middle of a lake? Might be a bugger when you flick the amp switch to 'on' though. Shocking... anyway, Debbie Harry and Blondie will be appearing at the Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire on June 20th while easy listening pixie, Katie Melua will toss her curly locks and trill to the birds in Thetford Forest on July 10th. Tickets for both are £33 and don't forget that the proceeds go to making your green spaces that mush nicer.
The Big Pink An array of indie warriors have their new tours on sale on Friday, the pick of the bunch has to be tickets from The Big Pink and The Futureheads. The former have been playing the NME Shockwaves Tour and this is their new head-liner season, starting in Oxford on the 7th and ending in London on the 13th. Lots of tasty tenner tickets as well! The Futureheads begin their magnificent 7 gigs in Nottingham on Apr 27th and finish up in Portsmouth on May 12th. Tickets cost around £12.50. The band are also taking part in the Haiti Fundraiser at the Roundhouse on Feb 25th (tickets available only from www.haitiearthquakefundraiser.com - £40).
Idlewild I'll also just say the word Idlewild - much under-rated and real song-smiths. They play a huge tour starting in March (until May!) and have included a London night at the HMV Forum on Apr 16th - £16.50 is a reasonable price for a worthy band.
Renegades Recently formed, Renegades is two thirds Feeder, one third Ben's Brother, featuring Feeder string players Grant Nicholas and Taka Hirose along with Karl Brazil undertaking percussive duty. The band had their debut live performances over the last two weeks, with limited tickets on sale directly through their website. The trio have now announced UK dates in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff (yes, boyo!), Portsmouth and London! Tickets will cost £18.50 for Portsmouth, £22 for London + booking fee, on sale at 9AM, with the ticket price including a "Renegades 2" EP featuring four tracks and a video (to be collected from the venue). All other dates on sale Monday 15th Feb at 9AM.
Shakin' Stevens Finally, we have a legend in his own denim, a man whose bendy legs caused hysteria amongst the ironing set back in the 80s whilst notching up massive single sales in the process and putting the quiff back into Cardiff. Take a bow - Shakin' Stevens. Since his debut album in 1970 (with The Sunsets), he has had four number 1 singles (in the 80s) and three top 3 albums. 'Green Door', 'Oh Julie', 'You Drive Me Crazy', 'Merry Christmas Everyone' and that scourge of estate-agents and 'Homes Under The Hammer' viewers everywhere, 'This Ole House'. He's back for four dates in October, including Norwich (14th), Bournemouth (17th), Oxford (23rd) and London's Shepherd's Bush Empire (24th). Tickets cost around £22.50 for a bit of 'Shaky' - easy, ladies.
- Fri 19th Jun 2020 Deadmau5 Marquee (Cork) Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Jul 2020 Latitude, Chemical Brothers, Keane Henham Park (Suffolk) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2020 Creamfields, Deadmau5, The Chainsmokers, Oliver Heldens, Jonas Blue, Eric Prydz, Adam Beyer, Example, Leon Vynehall, Timmy Trumpet, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping, Richy Ahmed, Andy C, Randall, Mauro Picotto, Sander van Doorn, Gareth Emery Daresbury Estate (Warrington) Buy Tickets
- Tue 8th Sep 2020 John Bishop Regent Theatre/ Britannia Suite (Stoke-on-Trent) Buy Tickets
- Wed 9th Sep 2020 John Bishop New Theatre (Oxford) Buy Tickets
- Thu 10th Sep 2020 John Bishop : Warm up Milton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes) Buy Tickets
- Fri 11th Sep 2020 John Bishop De Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester) Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Sep 2020 John Bishop : Warm up Winter Gardens (Margate) Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Sep 2020 John Bishop Cliffs Pavilion (Southend) Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Sep 2020 John Bishop : Warm up Regent Theatre (Ipswich) Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Sep 2020 John Bishop : Warm up St Georges Hall (Bradford) Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Sep 2020 John Bishop : Warm up Victoria Theatre (Halifax) Buy Tickets
- Thu 24th Sep 2020 John Bishop The Spa (Bridlington) Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Oct 2020 John Bishop The Swan Theatre / High Wycombe Town Hall (High Wycombe) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Oct 2020 Katie Melua Theatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Oct 2020 Katie Melua The Sage (Gateshead) Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Nov 2020 John Bishop Dorking Halls (Dorking) Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Nov 2020 Katie Melua The Bridgewater Hall (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Nov 2020 John Bishop The Hexagon (Reading) Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Nov 2020 Katie Melua The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Nov 2020 John Bishop The Central Theatre (Chatham) Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Nov 2020 Idlewild : 25th Anniversary Tramshed (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Nov 2020 Katie Melua City Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Oval Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Nov 2020 John Bishop Guildhall (Portsmouth) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Nov 2020 Idlewild : 25th Anniversary Electric (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Nov 2020 Katie Melua Royal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Nov 2020 Katie Melua Barbican Centre (York) Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Nov 2020 Katie Melua Royal Albert Hall (Kensington) Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Nov 2020 Idlewild : 25th Anniversary O2 Ritz (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Nov 2020 Katie Melua Brighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Nov 2020 John Bishop Baths Hall (Scunthorpe) Buy Tickets