February's London Popfest 2010 Buoyed by Factory Addition - Some Tickets Left!
Fancy a day or two of cheap gigs that last longer than the average evening? A chance to see some new and not-so-new bands from all over the globe, without breaking the bank? Ever considered a bit of London Popfest? Don't even know what it is yet (to quote Mr Harris)? Park your enquiring mind right here and I will tell you!
Basically, London Popfest 2010 is an annual three or four dayer that features several bands in one venue per day, thrashing and crooning their little hearts out for your pleasure (and cash of course). Last year's kit and caboodle featured Comet Gain, Tender Trap, Milky Wimpshake and (great name) Town Bike plus a dozen others with lots of DJ nights as well. You don't normally have to venture too far from Zone 1 and it's a great place to spot a bit of (musical) talent.
2010 looks even sexier - the February venues and line-ups this year are as follows:
The 25th (sold out - tickets on door) sees Rose Melberg, Withered Hand, The Pines, Airport Girl (Rob Price) perform at the Café Oto, Dalston. Early Birds have now sold out for this and the 26th event which takes place at The Buffalo Bar, with The Just Joans, The Garlands, Horowitz and The Sunny Street. Again, you might get in at the door.
You should, however, be able to buy tickets for the remaining two days of music. An all-dayer beginning at 3pm on the 27th, takes place at the 100 Club on Oxford Street. NINE bands (whew!) including Ballboy and Red Shoe Diaries plus FOUR DJs will fill your boots for just £12 - that's 92p per performer! Get in! Some tickets are still available for this one and the shorter shindig on the 28th.
This last day (well, 4 hours or so), will start at 3pm at The Lexington and end at 7pm-ish (although the DJs might well carry on a bit longer!). Headliners are Factory and Sarah pop-moodists, The Wake, in what is their first appearance in the UK for nearly two decades. They had a triumphant return to 'live' music in Brussels during the Factory Night (reviewed on here) and, with a new album in the pipeline, 2010 looks like a resurgent year for this much-underrated band. Chart-band (well, with a certain number one, 'Your Woman'), White Town, Horse Shoes (who cite The Wake as a major influence) and the magically-monikered Leaving Mornington Crescent also appear.
Tickets for the latter will shift pretty damn quick so get clicking!
You may be interested in
- Fri 25th May 2018 Jim MorayThe Ivy House - Nunhead (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 All Points East, LCD Soundsystem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, ...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 All Points East, The xx, Lorde, Sampha, Popcaan, Lykke Li, R...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Charles WatsonLSO St Luke's (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 All Points East, Björk, Beck, Father John Misty, Flying...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Raw Power Festival, Circle, Zombie Zombie, Snapped AnklesBoston Arms/ The Dome - Tufnell Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 to Thu 31st May 2018 All Points EastMore Info..
- Wed 30th May 2018 Beth DittoElectric (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 Anteros, CassiaNotting Hill Arts Club (Notting Hill)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st May 2018 The ScientistsBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 APE Presents, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Hunna, Blossoms...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 and Mon 4th Jun 2018 HauxMore Info..
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Camden Rocks, Maximo Park, PiL, Twin Atlantic, Mallory Knox,...Various Camden Venues (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 APE Presents, The National, The War On Drugs, Cat Power, Pub...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 The MilkIslington Assembly Hall [Town Hall] (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Jun 2018 APE Presents, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith, St. ...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Jun 2018 PreoccupationsVillage Underground (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Jun 2018 Rose DivePaper Dress Vintage (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 Laura VeirsUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Chameleons Vox, Mark Burgess229 the venue - Great Portland Street (Marylebone)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Jun 2018 WaxahatcheeOval Space (Bethnal Green)Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th Jun 2018 and Thu 14th Jun 2018 Ben Howard: Noonday DreamBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Hacienda ClassicalKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 and Sat 16th Jun 2018 Haim: Sister Sister SisterBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 Meltdown Festival, The Psychedelic Furs, The Church [Aus]Royal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Alfie BoeKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 Girls NamesMoth Club (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Kris KristoffersonKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Royal Philharmonic Concert Or...: Movie Themes of John WilliamsKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Last Night of the Kenwood Proms: Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Katherine Jenkins, Royal Phil...Kenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 The Primitives100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 He Is WeBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 The Cure, Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Inte...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Jul 2018 and Thu 12th Jul 2018 Darren HaymanBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Citadel Festival, Tame Impala, CHVRCHES, Leon Bridges, Fat W...Gunnersbury Park (Ealing)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Kaleidoscope Festival, The Flaming Lips, Ghostpoet, Mystery ...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 12th Aug 2018 Sons of the EastO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 14th Aug 2018 Jenny LewisKOKO (Camden)On SaleFri 25th Mayat 9am
- Tue 4th Sep 2018 Anna BurchMoth Club (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 and Sun 9th Sep 2018 PassengerOn SaleFri 25th Mayat 9am
- Mon 10th Sep 2018 Alice MertonThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 José González, Jesca HoopRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Sep 2018 and Tue 25th Sep 2018 The Tallest Man on EarthBuy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 florElectrowerkz (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 FlingThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Michael NauHoxton Square Bar and Kitchen (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Horse FeathersSebright Arms (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 The Night CafeHeaven (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Star Shaped Festival, Ocean Colour Scene, Black Grape, Echob...O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets