Beverley Festival returns for 2010, celebrating 27th years
Beverley Festival once again comes up trumps as it starts to announce it headline acts.
This year's event has a truly Scottish theme with the dynamic fiddle playing of Blazin' Fiddles, and hit makers The Proclaimers, who will finish off the festival on the Sunday night in its traditional fiery style.
The festival is well known for bringing top artists to the small, historic, East Yorkshire market town of Beverley. The Proclaimers will be no exception. Strikingly individual, the twin brothers Craig and Charlie Reid have over the years enjoyed huge success across the globe as the emotional honesty, political fire, wit and sing-along raucousness of their songs and their extensive touring has enlightened and entertained fans new and old. They have carved out a niche for themselves in the netherworld where pop, folk, new wave and punk collide. In the process they have enjoyed Gold and Platinum singles and albums in UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The festival now welcomes them to Yorkshire!
With the General Elections due to precede the festival, who better to return again to lighten our spirits, as one of the event's most popular acts , Roy Bailey and Tony Benn. Other festival favourites, returning for the third time will be the legendary band, famous for its hit record with The Floral Dance, The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.
Festival organisers and audiences alike will be delighted by the performance this year of the Demon Barber Roadshow, bringing English traditional song and dance to a broad audience of all ages. Martin Simpson will be back with his trio, having won the BBC Radio 2 Award for Best Traditional Song.
And making sure we don't go to bed with a heavy heart will be hospital radio spoof DJ Ivan Brackenbury, guaranteed to bring a smile to us all.
A great line up, with many more artists still to be announced in its regularly innovative and eclectic programming. A festival that offers one of the most friendly and relaxed atmospheres of all the Summer festivals - not to be missed..
Artists confirmed to date include:
The Proclaimers, Roy Bailey & Tony Benn, The Demon Barber Roadshow, The Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band, Martin Simpson Trio, Charlie Dore & The Hula Valley Orchestra, Blazin' Fiddles, Koshka, Doğan Mehmet, Ivan Brackenbury, Jerry Harmon (USA), Jeni & Billy (USA), Sean Taylor, Karen Tweed, Ellen & The Escapades
and lots more.
A packed programme of music and dance, as well as Comedy, Literature, Poetry, Youth and Kids events, all promise to make the festival a must for festival goers next June
'Winter Special' tickets are available NOW on line from www.beverleyfestival.com until 31st March - £87 Adult / £72 Concession / £ 246 Family (2 x Ad & 2 x Conc).
You may be interested in
- Fri 24th May 2019 and Sat 25th May 2019 Ireby FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2019 to Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Acoustic Festival of BritainBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Jun 2019 Gate to Southwell Festival, Blue Rose Code, John Otway, Sam ...Southwell Racecourse (Nottinghamshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 and Sun 7th Jul 2019 Barn on the Farm FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 Folk by the Oak, Frank Turner, The Staves, Karine Polwart, J...Hatfield House (Hatfield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Jul 2019 to Sat 27th Jul 2019 Warwick Folk Festival: Warwick Folk FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Aug 2019 to Sun 4th Aug 2019 Cambridge Folk FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 to Mon 26th Aug 2019 Shrewsbury Folk FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Aug 2019 to Sun 1st Sep 2019 Moseley Folk FestivalBuy Tickets
- Thu 5th Sep 2019 Skye Live, The WaterboysThe Lump (Isle of Skye)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Sep 2019 Skye Live, NiteworksThe Lump (Isle of Skye)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Skye Live, Peatbog FaeriesThe Lump (Isle of Skye)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 to Sun 29th Sep 2019 Allen Valleys Folk FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th Oct 2019 Under the Apple Tree, Robert Vincent, Curse of Lono, Foreign...Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Oct 2019 London Roots Festival, Molly TuttleBush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Oct 2019 The Unthanks, London Roots FestivalShoreditch Town Hall (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Nov 2019 The Delines, London Roots FestivalUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 Show of Hands, London Roots FestivalUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets