Life's a Beach! Plan Your 'Great Escape' to Brighton - Early Birds for 2010 Shindig Available
One of the most-eagerly awaited and fervently attended three-day festivals returns to the South Coast in May for another blast of today's (and tomorrow's) most interesting and exciting young bands and acts from around the globe (but mainly the UK).
The Great Escape Festival 2010 is indeed just that - oodles of music pumped live from numerous venues, many of which are still to be confirmed. However, this year's initial announcement from the organizers suggests that they have their head's well and truly screwed on and at £45 for Early Bird Tickets (allowing you access to the gig venues via a special wristband), well you can't go wrong (unless you end up in Hastings or Bognor of course). Dates are May 13th to 15th.
First out of the traps are the current darlings of the critics (and rightly so) Delphic, grimy-junglist break-beaticians Chase and Status, charming pop hopeful Ellie Goulding (is it me or she EVERYWHERE this summer? She is probably also available to do your tax returns and sing your kids to sleep for a small fee), spiky nu-punksters Broken Social Scene, Japandroids, Cold Cave and sinister Bansheeisms from Esben & The Witch. Loads more will get announced in the coming weeks - there are normally over 200 music acts, galleries, discussions and a Ones To Watch stage on the seafront. Kasabian turned up last year as well - not a bad pull eh?
Let me remind you again - £45 for 3 days of top-notch acts. 2008 featured Black Lips, Black Mountain, Bon Iver and Bombay Bicycle Club whilst 2009 gathered Big Pink, Brute Chorus, British Sea Power and Broken Records - and that's just one letter of the alphabet catered for! Brighton is dead easy to get to from London, Lewes and Chichester, so you can easily cover all three days entertainment at half the price of camping in a field full of cow-poo and listening to some hapless singer-songwriter blathering on about how great life is when it teems with rain (yeah, great thanks).
[Three day 'Delegate' passes cost £150, giving you access to all of the great gigs as well as the conferences and seminars, networking events and the delegates' bar - Ed]
- Delegate Pass
You may also be interested in
- Sat 27th Jul 2019 Rag N Bone Man, Maverick SabreBrighton Racecourse (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Jul 2019 Lime CordialeThe Prince Albert (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Jul 2019 Kate NashConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2019 Haiku HandsThe Hope and Ruin (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Aug 2019 Steve GunnPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Aug 2019 BodegaConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Aug 2019 The BethsPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Aug 2019 GrooveriderPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Sep 2019 Press ClubThe Prince Albert (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Sep 2019 Edwyn CollinsConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Sep 2019 The SnutsThe Green Door Store (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Sep 2019 Yumi and the WeatherThe Prince Albert (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 Jim Jones and the Righteous MindThe Green Door Store (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 SebadohPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th Oct 2019 KanoBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)On SaleFri 26th Julat 9am