Brakes' Thomas White: free download 'The Last Blast' for limited period
Thomas White will be previewing his sophomore solo album 'The Maximalist' with a free download of his new single, 'The Last Blast', taken off the album.
'The Last Blast' - "a dissection of the life and work of notorious World War II novelist Sven Hassel" according to Tom and features Phil Sumner of Actress Hands and British Sea Power on cornet - will be available from www.thomaswhiteonline.com for a two week period from 9am on January 21st.
An alternative version of 'The Last Blast' forms part of a three track EP available from March 1st with full track listing as follows:
1. The Last Blast (Joyballoo Megamix)
2. Einstein's Day (Written by Roger Miller, originally performed by Mission Of Burma)
3. Brazil (Written by Ary Barroso, originally performed by Joao Gilberto)
The Maximalist - written, played and produced by Thomas White - is released on Cooking Vinyl on March 15th.
The album features twelve tracks of post-modern pop and marks his most complex and ambitious release to date. A founder member of Electric Soft Parade and Brakes, White has lent his considerable talents in a variety of bands from Patrick Wolf to British Sea Power to Sparks whilst still finding time to record two solo albums. The Maximalist is yet another fascinating progression for this most idiosyncratic of artists.
You may be interested in
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 and Sat 24th Nov 2018 Ultrasound, The Electric Soft ParadeBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 British Sea PowerBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 to Thu 20th Dec 2018 OrbitalBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 to Sat 9th Mar 2019 Dodgy: HomegrownBuy Tickets
- Mon 1st Apr 2019 to Mon 8th Apr 2019 Giorgio Moroder: Celebration of the 80sBuy Tickets