Liverpool Sound City 2010: last call for local bands
Say the name Liverpool and what do you think? The docks? Maybe. The Football? Of course (go Everton) but the main answer (thanks to The Beatles) would probably be music. So what better city to go to for an innovative music festival and indeed there is one as 'Liverpool Sound City' returns again on 19th May for four consecutive days of music madness in 35 different venues spread across the city like rock jam on toast.
The Sunday Times award winning festival has no acts as yet confirmed but with superstars such as Florence & The Machine, The Zutons and Little Boots just a few of the previous acts to have graced the city for the music-fest you can be guaranteed an exciting line up. However the best part about this festival is that it gives local talent the opportunity to shine in front of music industry bigwigs from around the world (excluding Antartica...probably). It is something that makes this festival so special and exciting to be a part of. Just imagine being there when a local band took their first step to superstardom. Oh, it's a good feeling. National and International bands can apply at www.soncibids.com (applications close 15th March) and North West bands can apply via www.sentricmusic.com (applications close on Friday 22nd January - hurry up).
Early bird wristbands are on sale now, costing £40 and allowing access to all the gigs on a first-come, first-served basis - only available until 5th February! 'Full Delegate' passes are also on sale now, costing £100 providing the holder with access to all the gigs, events and conferences.
We'll keep you posted of the line-up as-and-when!
- £40 Wristbands
- £100 Delegate Pass
You may be interested in
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, StereophonicsHillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, Noel Gallagher's High Flying BirdsHillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, Craig David, Blossoms, De La Soul, Jake ...Hillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Indietracks, British Sea Power, Honeyblood, The Lovely Eggs,...Midland Railway - Butterley Station (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Leopallooza, St Paul And The Broken Bones, Rat Boy, Josh Wid...The Wyldes (Bude)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Aug 2018 Visions FestivalVarious Hackney Venues (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 Cool Britannia, K-Klass, Brandon Block, Rozalla, The Mariach...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Happy Mondays, The Lightning Seeds, Feeder, ...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Razorlight, Cas...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 Festival No.6Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Haunt The Woods Takeover, Jamie Yost, Chay Snowdon, Crazy Ar...Various Plymouth Venues (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 Star Shaped Festival, Echobelly, My Life Story, The Real Peo...O2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Sep 2018 Star Shaped Festival, Echobelly, The Supernaturals, My Life ...O2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Looe Music Festival, Steve'N'SeagullsLooe Beach (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Looe Music Festival, The WaterboysLooe Beach (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Looe Music Festival, The StranglersLooe Beach (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Star Shaped Festival, Ocean Colour Scene, Black Grape, Echob...O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Neighbourhood Festival, Everything Everything, Sundara Karma...Various Manchester Venues (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 TwisterellaMiddlesbrough Various Venues (Middlesbrough)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Kazoopa FestivalVarious Leeds Venues (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 and Sun 26th May 2019 Neighbourhood WeekenderBuy Tickets