Voice in a Million Set to Raise the Roof (and Funds) for Children Seeking Adoption and Scarred Troops in 2010
A major concert featuring a 4,000+ strong choir (that's four THOUSAND - not a misprint) will take place at the O2 Arena on January 28th. In association with Tickets for Troops, the Voice in a Million Choir (along with London-based choir Spirit) will perform an array of spectacular vocal epics including a musical journey through a child's adoption. The choir will be made up of several thousand children from various TV reality shows and top-class choirs from across the country and will represent the estimated number of children in need of adoption.
Tickets range from £22.50 to £33.25. However, if you are a member of our armed forces and have experienced injuries so bad that have resulted in you being medically discharged since 2001, then you qualify for free tickets. You will need to provide proof at Tickets for Troops (www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk) and register beforehand. There are 1,000 courtesy tickets available.
The concert has been endorsed by several personalities including Joanna Lumley, Elton John and Nicky Campbell, the latter also providing narration (with Rick Wakeman and Sinitta) on the night. The London Voice in a Million concert is the first of many worldwide events planned to raise awareness of the need to consider adopting children, with recently announced UK dates for Nottingham (Trent FM Arena) and Newcastle (Metro Radio Arena).
If you are involved in a UK childrens' choir and fancy getting involved, pop along to: www.voiceinamillion.com to find out how.
You may be interested in
- Wed 24th Apr 2019 to Wed 26th Jun 2019 Open Jam Sessions [Troubadour]Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Apr 2019 Bad Sounds, Gengahr, Flamingods, Phil Taggart's Slacker, Are...Various Reading Venues (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Comedy 4 ChristiesThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st May 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Wed 1st May 2019 Farm Africa's Laughing Season, Ed Gamble, Lou Sanders, Tez I...EartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 to Sun 5th May 2019 Teddy RocksBuy Tickets
- Sun 5th May 2019 to Sun 23rd Jun 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th May 2019 Durham Choral SocietyDurham Cathedral (Durham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 Scala and Kolacny BrothersOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Mon 1st Jul 2019 to Thu 1st Aug 2019 The Spooky Men's ChoraleBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Adam Buxton, Jeff Innocent, Scott Capur...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Dec 2019 to Wed 11th Dec 2019 The PriestsBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Dec 2019 John Rutter, Royal Philharmonic OrchestraRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Dec 2019 Mediaeval BaebesSaint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets