The Flaming Lips to Headline Saturday at The Green Man Festival 2010
Posted: 16th December 2009
To quote an XTC lyric, "Please to bend down for the one called the Green Man"....... it does seem rather fitting given the previous festivals held under this name....
The excellent Green Man Festival 2010 has already confirmed its first headlining act and it's to be those bastions of dreamy psychedelic pomp and cuddly animals, The Flaming Lips. The Welsh shindig kicks off on Friday 20th August until the 22nd at the rather attractive Glanusk Park in South Wales.
Tickets are on sale at the following prices: A weekend adult (18 and over) costs £120, weekend student costs £104, weekend teen (13 - 17 yrs) is £50, 12-and-unders can get in free (must be accompanied). There is also the option to make it a holiday by camping from Monday 16th to the start of the festival for an extra £35 Holiday Ticket or a £45 Campervan Ticket, provided you have bought a festival ticket first.
Last year's Green Man featured British Sea Power, Bon Iver, Wilco, Grizzly Bear, Jarvis Cocker, Four Tet and Broken Records amongst others, as well as literary figures such as Howard Marks and Keith Allen and comedians. Set in the glorious Brecon Beacons, it truly is a garden of musical Eden.
This year's big Saturday act, Flaming Lips, have managed to get themselves back on track and into the hearts of the fickle critics once again, with the rather engaging new album, 'Embryonic'. It's a sprawling double that sees a return to form encapsulated by 'Race for the Prize', 'Do you Realize' and 'Yoshimi'. It remains to be seen whether loads of people dressed up as animals and teddy bears will conquer the stage during their set - I do hope so.
- Thu 20th Aug 2020 Green Man Festival Glanusk Park (Brecon) Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Aug 2020 Green Man Festival Glanusk Park (Brecon) Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Aug 2020 Green Man Festival Glanusk Park (Brecon) Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Aug 2020 Green Man Festival Glanusk Park (Brecon) Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th May 2021 to Sun 30th May 2021 Bearded Theory's Gathering, The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream, Patti Smith, The Dualers, Ferocious Dog, Neville Staple, Gaz Brookfield, Ed Tudor Pole, She Drew the Gun, October Drift, JOHN, Imperial Wax, 3 Daft Monkeys Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Festival Big Top (Galway) Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips The Invisible Wind Factory (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Leeds University Union [Stylus/ Pulse/ Mine] (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets