Flamenco Festival London 2010 program announced for Sadler's Wells in February
Flamenco music and dance originated in the Spanish region of Andalusia but has also now become a firm fixture in North London's cultural calendar.
The annual Flamenco Festival London at the Sadler's Wells theatre in Islington features some of the finest artists from across Spain. The Financial Times says: "Aficionados will need no further goading for this event; newcomers will be gripped by the passion and wild movement." And they'd know.
The five short runs begin on February 13, closing a fortnight later on February 27, and include dates from Nuevo Ballet Español, Eva Yerbabuena ("This woman is touched by greatness" says The Times), Rafaela Carrasco and Maria Pagés.
The last two dates are the closing gala. This year's gala features some of the most important new figures in flamenco: Pastora Galván, a versatile dancer able to navigate easily between classic and modern flamenco; Manuel Liñán, a master of technique who is steeped in tradition and known for his dramatic choreography; the passionate Belén López, who has caused a sensation in flamenco circles in recent years; and Rocío Molina, the fiery dancer who has become "one of the finest soloists in the world today" (New York Times).
Prices range from £10 to £38, with tickets on sale now.
You may be interested in
- Sat 26th May 2018 to Sat 20th Oct 2018 Strictly Ballroom The MusicalBuy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 to Mon 10th Sep 2018 Swing Out! A Night Of Live Swing Music And DancingBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 and Sat 16th Jun 2018 Kevin and KarenBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 and Sun 24th Jun 2018 'Rock Stars' In Our EyesBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 Dance: Make Your MoveIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Jul 2018 Kew the Music, Gipsy Kings, The AmericansKew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 to Wed 14th Nov 2018 Flawless: Chase The Dream - The Grand FinaleBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 and Sat 13th Oct 2018 Rip It UpBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 Tap DogsBuy Tickets