Field Music to Visit Pastures New in 2010 with Jan/ Feb Tour Dates
Posted: 26th November 2009
Wearside's Field Music round-off their 2009 tour with two "homecoming" gigs - a two date residency at the Cluny in Newcastle. There are still a few tickets remaining for these dates, costing just £5 a pop.
The band then kick-off the New Year with a London date and a further trio of gigs later on. Tickets are now on sale for the first one at London's Hoxton Bar and Grill on January 7th (£8.50).
The spiky pop trio then embark on conquering Leeds on February 25th, at the Brudenell Social, Manchester's Islington Mill on the 26th and finally Sheffield's University on the 28th. Prices are £7, £8 and £8.50 respectively.
Needless to say, there is a new album in tow to add to their rather splendid catalogue. 'Measure' is released on February 15th and follows-up their previous opus, 'Tones Of Town' which certainly borrowed a few XTC riffs and a teeny bit of Blur to make up the mix, especially on the single 'A House Is Not A Home' released in 2007. There have been two solo albums from band members David and Peter Brewis including the latter's highly-regarded The Week That Was project last year. These new dates should make for interesting listening.
- Thu 9th Jan 2020 Field Music Jacaranda Records: Phase One (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Feb 2020 Field Music The Rescue Rooms (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Feb 2020 Field Music : Making A New World Tour Brudenell Social (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Feb 2020 Field Music Whitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Feb 2020 Field Music : Making A New World Tour The Dancehouse Theatre (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Feb 2020 Field Music EartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington) Buy Tickets