You've Been Tangoed! Gotan Project present a Quartet of May 2010 UK Dates
Paris-based tango-electronica trio, Gotan Project, are to come to the UK for four special dates next year. The gigs take place on May 12th 2010 (Birmingham O2 Academy), May 13th (Bristol Colston Hall), May 14th (London Brixton O2 Academy) and May 15th (Manchester Apollo).
Tickets go on sale this Friday (27th November) at 9am and will cost £22 (£25 for London).
Totally unique and immensely popular with a wide cross-section of fans, Gotan Project have been fusing dance beats and traditional tango for a decade now and have spawned a million-selling debut album, 'La Revancha del Tango'. This 2001 album was, and remains, a landmark release, not least for its inclusion in many chill-out DJs playlists - it's also highly recommended, if you haven't already bought it. Although the follow up studio album in 2006, 'Lunatico', failed to scale the creative walls, it still impressed enough to keep the Gotan adoration going.
In 2008, the band (core base, a trio though often a nine or ten piece) released 'Gotan Project Live' to give you a taster of what they can achieve under the lights. These tickets will fly out so get clicking quickly on Friday.
You may be interested in
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 30th Nov 2019 Electric SixBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Friendly Fires, Justin RobertsonRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Friendly FiresBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 IceageEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Jan 2019 to Thu 7th Feb 2019 The Streets: The Darker the Shadow the Brighter the Light - Part TwoBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th Jan 2019 to Tue 5th Feb 2019 The Streets, The Manor: The Darker the Shadow the Brighter the Light - Part TwoBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 to Fri 25th Jan 2019 Azealia BanksBuy Tickets
- Wed 13th Feb 2019 to Thu 21st Feb 2019 JungleBuy Tickets
- Thu 9th May 2019 The Horrors: Primary ColoursRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets