His Name is Rio and he Raises Lots of Cash - Rio Ferdinand's Dec 2009 Charity Launch
Many young kids fail to live the dream and end up surrounded by the wrong people and the wrong circumstances. One man who very nearly did wander from the path is Rio Ferdinand, professional footballer with Manchester Utd and, of course, England. A consummate professional who has quietly gone about his duties on the pitch, Ferdinand now wants to make his dream other kids' realities.
He will launch his 'Live the Dream' Foundation at a huge gala event in Billingsgate on December 16th, joined by an envious stream of celebs and sports people. You'll need a black tie and £495 (plus booking fee) and a healthy appetite for glitz, glamour and the exceptional food and drink on offer for this auspicious occasion. The exact venue will be sent with your invite.
The evening is designed to bring publicity to a worthy cause that will provide training and education in all fields for under-privileged kids, not just in football but also arts, culture and other sports. Performing on the evening will be: JLS, Robbie Williams and Spandau Ballet, with guests including other Man Utd players plus members of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, including managers, Alex Ferguson and England's Fabio Capello and a whole gathering of TV, film and fashion celebs. A champagne reception, three-course meal and fine wines will naturally form part of the entertainment as well as comedy from your host for the evening, Gavin And Stacey's James Corden. There will also be a Q&A with Rio and his team-mates after the dinner.
It is also highly likely that your Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will deliver an opening address for the attendees. Make no mistake this is a big night and a worthy occasion. Tickets are on sale now, £495 plus fee.
You may be interested in
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 England [football]: vs CroatiaWembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 UEFA Nations League, Northern Ireland [Football]: v AustriaWindsor Park (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Peaceful Noise, Tom Grennan, The Hunna, Liela Moss, John K...Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 and Sun 9th Dec 2018 War ChildBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Giggle AidFrog and Bucket Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 Muse, The Prince's TrustRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)More Info..
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 Michael McIntyre, Jo Brand, Katherine Ryan, Josh Widdicombe,...: Christmas Charity ShowEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 Laugh Till It Hurts, Stephen Grant, Joe Wilkinson, Sally-Ann...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 BRAINWAVES: Mind [charity]Gullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 and Sun 31st Mar 2019 Wembley Stadium TourBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Sun 16th Dec 2018 The Two Mikes: Christmas PartyO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 Romesh Ranganathan, CALM [charity]: Hip Hop Saved My LifeIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Streets of London, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Bastille, Mabel...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Jan 2019 to Sun 6th Jan 2019 Star SixesBuy Tickets
- Sun 13th Jan 2019 and Mon 14th Jan 2019 Kevin Keegan: My Life in FootballBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 to Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Apr 2019 Aled Jones, Fundraising EventRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets