His Name is Rio and he Raises Lots of Cash - Rio Ferdinand's Dec 2009 Charity Launch
Many young kids fail to live the dream and end up surrounded by the wrong people and the wrong circumstances. One man who very nearly did wander from the path is Rio Ferdinand, professional footballer with Manchester Utd and, of course, England. A consummate professional who has quietly gone about his duties on the pitch, Ferdinand now wants to make his dream other kids' realities.
He will launch his 'Live the Dream' Foundation at a huge gala event in Billingsgate on December 16th, joined by an envious stream of celebs and sports people. You'll need a black tie and £495 (plus booking fee) and a healthy appetite for glitz, glamour and the exceptional food and drink on offer for this auspicious occasion. The exact venue will be sent with your invite.
The evening is designed to bring publicity to a worthy cause that will provide training and education in all fields for under-privileged kids, not just in football but also arts, culture and other sports. Performing on the evening will be: JLS, Robbie Williams and Spandau Ballet, with guests including other Man Utd players plus members of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, including managers, Alex Ferguson and England's Fabio Capello and a whole gathering of TV, film and fashion celebs. A champagne reception, three-course meal and fine wines will naturally form part of the entertainment as well as comedy from your host for the evening, Gavin And Stacey's James Corden. There will also be a Q&A with Rio and his team-mates after the dinner.
It is also highly likely that your Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will deliver an opening address for the attendees. Make no mistake this is a big night and a worthy occasion. Tickets are on sale now, £495 plus fee.
You may be interested in
- Sun 26th May 2019 to Sun 6th Oct 2019 Harry RedknappBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Dementia Aware FestBuy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2019 to Wed 26th Jun 2019 Open Jam Sessions [Troubadour]Buy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2019 to Wed 24th Jul 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Sat 8th Jun 2019 Capital FM Summertime Ball, Mark Ronson, 5 Seconds of Summer...Wembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Jun 2019 UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier: Republic of Ireland [Football] - V GibraltarAviva Stadium (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Jun 2019 Sentebale, Rita Ora, George the-PoetHampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 and Sat 15th Jun 2019 Paul Gascoigne, Vinnie JonesBuy Tickets
- Sun 16th Jun 2019 Soccer Aid, UNICEFStamford Bridge - Chelsea Football Club (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Rising in Support of War ChildBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Laugh Till It Hurts, Adam Buxton, Jeff Innocent, Scott Capur...Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Cancer Research UKThe Camden Assembly (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Giggle Aid, Ed Gamble, The Scummy Mummies Show, Daliso Chapo...Indigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 and Sat 20th Jul 2019 ChagstockBuy Tickets
- Tue 30th Jul 2019 An Evening with: Geoff HurstTyne Theatre and Opera House (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, Vice Squad, Knock OffMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, GBH, Drongos For EuropeMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Punks Against Cancer, TV SmithMulberry Tavern (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Shackerstone FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 Paul GascoigneRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Cardiff Mod and Ska FestivalTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 Macmillan Cancer Support, Oceans Ate Alaska, Our Hollow, Our...The Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Martin Carthy, Wizz Jones, Fundraising Event: MNDA FundraiserThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 An Audience with West Ham Legends, Julian DicksBrentwood Centre (Brentwood)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 Brian and Robin’s Christmas Compendium, Professor Bria...Eventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Feb 2020 Sunday For SammyUtilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets