Derbyshire's Bearded Theory Festival 2010 no Chinless Wonder - Initial Line-up and Tickets
Remember those festivals that were family-orientated and peaceful, where painted faces were for all ages and where it didn't matter if your hippy sandals got stuck in the mud during the latest hour-long set by Hawkwind or Ozric Tentacles? Oh yeah, and everything smelt of bonfires and grilled salt fish.....am I dreaming? Nope, because deep in the Derbyshire countryside in May 2010, that very same sort of festival is back, though hopefully with better weather than last year!
The Bearded Theory Festival will take place from Friday 14th May until 9am Monday 17th May and will cost £65 for a 3 day adult pass, £15 for ages 13 - 16, £10 for ages 5 - 12 and free for under 5s. Two Adults and two children can get in for £140 - this is a bargain if you have two teenagers. Vehicles also forfeit a charge especially camper/ live-in caravans.
So where is it and who's on? The festival is hosted by the Bradley Nook Farm Estate in Hulland Ward - sort of half-way between the pretty towns of Ashbourne and Belper in the Peak District.
The line-up has recently been announced and features some big names from the world of folk, punk and the days of Planet Dog. Times are yet to be confirmed but the Main Stage will feature Neville Staple / Pama International, New Model Army, Goldblade, Blyth Power, Back to the Planet, The Men They Couldn't Hang and Dreadzone, plus more to be announced. The Magical Sounds Arena will host the more trippy dance acts such as Banco de Gaia, Tetchi, Sunfish and Union Jack whilst an as yet un-named Arena will have Rev Hammer, Ferocious Dog and Tarantism for company. There are more acts on the bill and more to be announced so watch this space. Tickets are on sale now. Now then, that's reminded me - I really must have a shave...
- Thu 24th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Reverend and the Makers, The Whip, ...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Coral...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Robert Plant and the Sensational Sp...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Jimmy Cliff, Jake Bugg, Dub Pistols...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 The Men They Couldn't HangThe Flowerpot (Derby)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 Theatre of HateThe Hairy Dog (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 The DualersThe Hairy Dog (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Will VarleyThe Venue (Derby)On SaleFri 27th Aprat 10am