Classic Rock Magazine issues first ever hi-def 3D cover in homage to Floyd's 'Off the Wall'
Posted: 11th November 2009
Today, Classic Rock Magazine has released the first ever UK magazine to don a hi-definition 3D cover - revealed earlier in the month at the Marshall Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards.
The cover celebrates the 30th anniversary of Pink Floyd's seminal concept album 'The Wall', featuring the infamous hammer and flying pig, which move as you change perspective - check the moving image above - in smally-vision... a larger version can be viewed via the "Classic Rock Magazine 3D" link in the sidebar to the right, or of course, by popping-down to the newsagent and securing yourself a copy!
The magazine is out today, and contains a Pink Floyd 'The Wall' feature, including the making of the moving, unseen pictures, a Jon Bon Jovi Q&A, Santana feature (written by Rolling Stone writer Ben Fong-Torres), King Crimson "making of" article, and interviews with: Todd Rundgren, Kiss, Stereophonics, Slayer, Deep Purple, Pixies. Also inside (and hopefully, not obscuring/ damaging that beautiful cover) is a trippy free Space Rock CD.
- Thu 27th Aug 2020 Galvanize Fest, Pixies SWG3/ Galvanizers (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Oct 2020 Deep Purple Manchester Arena (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Oct 2020 Deep Purple The O2 Arena (Greenwich) Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Oct 2020 Deep Purple SSE Hydro (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Oct 2020 Deep Purple First Direct Arena (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Oct 2020 Deep Purple Utilita Arena Birmingham (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Jul 2021 Pixies Festival Big Top (Galway) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Jul 2021 Pixies Iveagh Gardens (Dublin) Buy Tickets