Simply Red - Woods Gigs Commissioned for Summer 2010 Forest Tour
Posted: 5th November 2009
Tree-huggers is a rather rude term applied to conscious souls who believe in conservation and the life-force of our bark-encrusted cousins sprouting across this green and pleasant land. I must be one then. I like trees. Bloody useful too. Mick Hucknall likes them as well because he has announced that his mega-million-selling band, Simply Red, will accompany him on a 7 date Forestry Commission-endorsed tour of some of the finest green space in the country during June 2010. Tickets go on sale at 9am this Friday (6th November) They will cost £38 + booking fee.
The 'Forest Tour' was started in 2000 by the Forestry Commission in order to introduce music fans to forests and wildlife - something that many may not have seen before, especially if you live in a city and rarely have that spare time to do anything 'country-style' apart from walk the dog in the park round the corner. Naturally, the concerts are self-sustaining and profits are driven straight back into projects by the government's Forestry Commission that will benefit forest sustainability including re-planting and green management as well as the smallest of jobs such as keeping those footpaths and cycle trails free from human interference (litter, fly-tipping and vandalism) and overgrown bushes and weeds. Anyone who swings a scythe at nettles is alright by me!
The 2010 tour will start in the beautiful Thetford forest in Norfolk on June 11th and will continue to Bedgebury National Pinetum (near Tunbridge Wells) on June 12th, Mansfield's Sherwood Forest on June 18th, the Westonbirt Arboretum near Tetbury, Gloucs on June 19th, Cannock Chase Birch Park, Staffs on June 25th, Dalby Forest, Pickering (N.Yorks) on June 26th and finishing near Mick Hucknall's neck of the woods (sorry) in Cheshire at the Delamere Forest Park on the 28th.
As usual, there will be further artists announced so keep 'em peeled on this site. Meanwhile, Simply Red's expansive career is rounded up nicely on the recent compilation "25", released last year.
- Sat 2nd Oct 2021 Simply Red Bonus Arena (Hull) Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Oct 2021 Simply Red Bonus Arena (Hull) Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Oct 2021 Simply Red SSE Hydro (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Oct 2021 Simply Red 3arena (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Oct 2021 Simply Red Motorpoint Arena (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Oct 2021 Simply Red First Direct Arena (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Oct 2021 Simply Red Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Oct 2021 Simply Red Bournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th Oct 2021 Simply Red Bournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Oct 2021 Simply Red Utilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Oct 2021 Simply Red Manchester Arena (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Oct 2021 Simply Red M & S Bank Arena [Formerly Echo] (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Oct 2021 Simply Red Brighton Centre (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Oct 2021 Simply Red Brighton Centre (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Oct 2021 Simply Red Resorts World Arena/ NEC Arena (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Oct 2021 Simply Red The O2 Arena (Greenwich) Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Oct 2021 Simply Red The O2 Arena (Greenwich) Buy Tickets