Big Names give Miller's Tale 'All My Sons' a New Dimension at the Apollo for 2010
The Apollo Theatre in London's West End has announced a new production of Arthur Miller's classic tale of greed and forbidden love, "All My Sons", to run for a 4 month period in 2010. This run starts on May 27th (the official opening night) until Sep 11th.
The play will star David Suchet and Zoe Wanamaker and centres upon the story of a man (Joe Keller played by Suchet) who allegedly supplies faulty fighter planes to World War 2 pilots yet allows his business partner to carry the cosh for the said allegation. Then it emerges that his son may have died in one of the planes - conflicts and guilts ensue as well as family rifts. Wanamaker plays his wife in the story.
This is a production with considerable weight behind it. Suchet is famous for playing the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot while Wanamaker has a raft of drama and comedy behind her including My Family and Harry Potter films. Its director is the award-winning Howard Davies who has previously been awarded with the Laurence Olivier Award for the very same play in 2000.
Playwright Arthur Miller's most familiar works include "The Crucible" and "Death Of A Salesman". Tickets for the play start at £20 up to £49 plus there are some preview nights from May 19th the price for which is to be confirmed.
You may be interested in
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sun 16th Sep 2018 Ant MiddletonBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 9th Jun 2018 The Kite RunnerBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Thu 1st Mar 2018 Levison WoodBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Sat 23rd Jun 2018 BirdsongBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 KindertransportBuy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Private PeacefulBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 to Tue 28th Aug 2018 Little WomenBuy Tickets