The Soldiers set to Make Public Stand to Attention with 2009 Charity Album Release
By the time you read this you will no doubt have heard "Coming Home", the stirring single release by real-life soldiers and vocal-group, The Soldiers. A paean to the serving troops abroad, it is heart-rending stuff and is a firm introduction to the vocal talents of Lance Corporal Ryan Idzi (he also appeared on X-Factor), Sgt Major Gary Chilton and Sgt Richie Maddocks.
Now comes the full-length album also called "Coming Home", released on October 26th with proceeds going to the charities, Help For Heroes, The British Legion and the Army Benevolent Fund. Songs on the album are tried-and-tested soulful classics of hope and glory including "He Ain't Heavy", "You've Got a Friend" and "Lean On Me" (the song Ryan sang on X Factor Boot Camp). There is also a rendition of "The Last Post" included, a fitting and emotional end to the album.
You may be interested in
- Wed 1st May 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Wed 22nd May 2019 Band of Her Majesty's Royal MarinesPavilion Theatre (Exmouth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 Strictly Hampshire: Katya Jones, Fundraising Event - Strictly for CharityO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 and Thu 17th Oct 2019 Rock For HeroesBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Dec 2019 Royal Marines Christmas SpectacularPrincess Theatre (Torquay)Buy Tickets