This Much Is True - based on the Jean Charles de Menezes shooting, opens 28th Oct 2009
On 22 July 2005, the Metropolitan Police shot dead innocent Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes in front of rush hour commuters at Stockwell. It was a defining moment in the so-called war on terror and in London's history.
Oscar-nominated writer and director Paul Unwin has collaborated with Sarah Beck to write a play billed as a shocking insight into what really happened. Supported by personal accounts from those who knew Jean Charles de Menezes best, as well as senior police officers, 'Justice4Jean' campaigners, lawyers and eye-witnesses, This Much Is True reveals much that has never been said publicly before.
Such incidents so frequently write large the fragility of existence in a modern city that already bears the scars of terrorism. Jean Charles de Menezes' sad death is not simply another casualty of the 'war on terror' but a tragic reminder of the human cost.
This Much Is True opens tomorrow.
Tickets: £13 / £8 concessions (Tues Pay What You Can).
Performance times: Tues-Sat 7.45pm (7pm on 31 Oct), Sundays 5pm.
You may be interested in
- Thu 23rd May 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 The Last Temptation of Boris JohnsonBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 and Sat 25th May 2019 Blood Upon the RoseBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 to Sat 26th Oct 2019 Houses of Parliament VisitBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2019 to Sat 29th Jun 2019 Education, Education, EducationBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 to Sat 28th Sep 2019 A Very Expensive PoisonBuy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 to Sun 1st Dec 2019 Jonathan Pie: Fake NewsBuy Tickets
- Sat 4th Apr 2020 Trevor Noah: Loud and ClearThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)On SaleFri 24th Mayat 10am