This Much Is True - based on the Jean Charles de Menezes shooting, opens 28th Oct 2009
On 22 July 2005, the Metropolitan Police shot dead innocent Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes in front of rush hour commuters at Stockwell. It was a defining moment in the so-called war on terror and in London's history.
Oscar-nominated writer and director Paul Unwin has collaborated with Sarah Beck to write a play billed as a shocking insight into what really happened. Supported by personal accounts from those who knew Jean Charles de Menezes best, as well as senior police officers, 'Justice4Jean' campaigners, lawyers and eye-witnesses, This Much Is True reveals much that has never been said publicly before.
Such incidents so frequently write large the fragility of existence in a modern city that already bears the scars of terrorism. Jean Charles de Menezes' sad death is not simply another casualty of the 'war on terror' but a tragic reminder of the human cost.
This Much Is True opens tomorrow.
Tickets: £13 / £8 concessions (Tues Pay What You Can).
Performance times: Tues-Sat 7.45pm (7pm on 31 Oct), Sundays 5pm.
You may be interested in
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 The Lieutenant of Inishmore, Michael Grandage CompanyBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 The JungleBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Mark ThomasArcola Theatre (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 and Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets