This Much Is True - based on the Jean Charles de Menezes shooting, opens 28th Oct 2009
On 22 July 2005, the Metropolitan Police shot dead innocent Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes in front of rush hour commuters at Stockwell. It was a defining moment in the so-called war on terror and in London's history.
Oscar-nominated writer and director Paul Unwin has collaborated with Sarah Beck to write a play billed as a shocking insight into what really happened. Supported by personal accounts from those who knew Jean Charles de Menezes best, as well as senior police officers, 'Justice4Jean' campaigners, lawyers and eye-witnesses, This Much Is True reveals much that has never been said publicly before.
Such incidents so frequently write large the fragility of existence in a modern city that already bears the scars of terrorism. Jean Charles de Menezes' sad death is not simply another casualty of the 'war on terror' but a tragic reminder of the human cost.
This Much Is True opens tomorrow.
Tickets: £13 / £8 concessions (Tues Pay What You Can).
Performance times: Tues-Sat 7.45pm (7pm on 31 Oct), Sundays 5pm.
You may be interested in
- Mon 21st May 2018 to Sat 26th May 2018 The Best ManBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Fri 13th Jul 2018 An Ideal HusbandBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Mark ThomasDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 and Sat 26th May 2018 The Public Interest: World PremiereMore Info..
- Mon 11th Jun 2018 to Wed 13th Jun 2018 Jonathan Pie: Back To the StudioBuy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 The JungleBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 The Lieutenant of Inishmore, Michael Grandage CompanyBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 to Fri 20th Jul 2018 Queens Of The Coal AgeBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 to Sat 28th Jul 2018 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 to Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets